Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Perfect day


Yes, it was pretty close to a perfect day! It all began with a good night's sleep and not hearing an alarm before 5:00 a.m. Amazing how that feels!!! After we all slept super good, I turned on all the Christmas lights and had some coffee! We have all our trees up and all the decorations in the house, but we did REAL GARLAND this year and it is gorgeous. I will do it every year from here on out. The only thing left is the BIG CHRISTMAS tree. We have never ever waited this late for the big one, but we are doing a real one and they are not out yet. I am soooo excited about doing a real tree. I feel like I truly have a cottage now that it is all decorated and can't wait to go to the tree farm to pick out the perfect tree! I am feeling a little like The Grisswalds. LOL!

Okay I got off track... back to the day! Charlee Kate had such a sweet morning just playing while Jeremy worked out and I got in a good run, then we got ready for our big day. I had more coffee on the way out with a little pit stop at DD, then off to T-town we went. All the way there, Charlee Kate kept saying "Almost there!!!! Almost there!!!!". She was sooooo excited! She kept saying Roll Tide Roll too. I don't think I have ever seen her just go on and on about something and get so excited, when really, she didn't know what to expect or what we were really going to. We parked in "Dad's spot" and headed to the Quad to meet Charles. We picked up our tickets and headed to the reservation tent for some amazing catered food!!!! Not to mention that the weather was just gorgeous, about 60 degrees and overcast. Then we headed into the game, stayed through the first half and half time. Charlee Kate would clap everytime anyone clapped or shake her pom poms. She hugged us about 50 times and kept saying "I lub you mommy, I lub you daddy". Over and over and over!!! This was one of the first things (Bama game) that just about tied with her baba, a lollipop, or Deo (Dora). She never whined or cried the whole day. It was just new and she took in every second of it!

We decided to leave early to beat the traffic and allow her to nap just a little in the car. She played outside in front of the stadium for a few minutes then off we went. She took a great nap back, we made another stop at The Summit for a few great deals that were icing on the cake, and then home in time for some yummy soup and family time.

It was just the most relaxing easy day! It wasn't super crowded in T-town because we were just playing Georgia Southern, but it was the perfect game to take her to, the perfect weather, she was in the perfect mood... and it is all because we randomly decided this about 3 days ago. So glad we got decorated so it worked out. It was just so much fun and a perfect start to the holiday week!!!! Check out all the many many pictures! I didn't think twice to take a picture wherever we were with the papparazi camera.

I had several several cutesy Bama outfits, but I wanted her in something more fun and funky. This is what we went with. The smocked or the other cute ones would have been too cool for the day anyways.

I love this red tree... every year I love to look at this tree!

Eating two bites of a lollipop and she threw it down to play here. Something about this place just mesmerized her! I think her daddy was in heaven! She was doing his favorite thing! I think she may like this better than the mall, LOL
Heading into the game!

This was a quick picture before we left home because I wasn't sure if she would let me take lots of pictures, but she did!
This was her "ride" up until we made it to the Quad, where we left the stroller for game time


Feeding her inside the tent. She was a bottomless pit! You can't blame her, it was yummy food.








Friday night we went to eat with Jenn, Michael, and Jace at The Cheesecake Factory. Then off to the very short parade for Santa to make an arrival and for the lighting at the Summit. For 7 years I have received emails about this and this year, I was able to go! YAY!!!! The kids had a lot of fun playing together. This was in front of Anthropologie as they ran and ran and ran! So cute!!!!

Two very random pictures from the day... the top one just goes to show how hard she was playing. Check out that hair! Luckily we were leaving at this point. The bottom one, the cute little Juicy skirt that I love on her. Sags a little low, that means lots of room to grow, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment