Saturday, November 19, 2011

The fun begins...

This may not be "fun" in your book, but my weekend started out great yesterday! We picked my car up from the dealership last night and it was so super clean. That totally makes my day b/c I don't have to do it and we have had some nasty nasty weather so it was so gross!!!! The other thing that was exciting was yesterday morning the Homewood Drum line came to perform at our school. They are awesome, just makes you want to play the drums. They are in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade so we will be cheering them on (hopefully they won't come on until after my Turkey Trot). Lastly.... my Friday was good and I got a little mojo back! I am so ready for the weekend.

I was telling one of my running partners the other day how things begin to "change" as you get into your 30's have children etc... She just got married and was asking me a few things, but I think back to the 7 1/2 years that it was JUST me and Jeremy. We had a blast, traveling and doing things that involved just the two of us. Then a little over 2 years ago we were blessed with our precious Charlee Kate and now we look forward to doing so many of those fun things WITH her!!! Don't get me wrong, we still enjoy some couple time to go on a trip every now and then, but our focus is so different! In December, Kelly and I are taking a girl's trip to NYC. We are super super excited! We have said that in a year (or probably 2 years) that girls trip will involve 2 sisters and 2 little cousins (Charlee Kate and Ella). We can't wait to take them on fun trips together, like sisters and we have decided that we have to make it a yearly thing for them to keep them close. I am sure Kelly and I will have just as much fun in the process too because we will be taking them to places that we absolutely love and can't wait to share with "the girls". Basically all of that to say...its funny how your focus can change, but all for the good! It was so neat to just talk it out on the run! I am so thankful Jeremy and I did have those 7 years together before we had babies. It was great growing time for the two of us and I feel like we are much better parents because of it!

So that was my random testimony for a blog post today! I have lots of cute pictures to post. I can't wait to post them this weekend. ROLL TIDE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment