Monday, November 28, 2011

The holidays!

How in the world is Thanksgiving over and now we are on to Christmas? I really really don't want it to get here fast. I have enjoyed every minute of our holidays and I want it to continue. Its been all about family, friends, and the time we all spend together whether it is just sitting around, eating, shopping, whatever. I have many exciting events that are going to take place over the next several weeks so I can't wait as I prepare for those events.


Our Thanksgiving holiday was great, with lots of fun activities. It started Thanksgiving morning with a turkey trot. Jeremy decided to do it with me at the last minute and we did 7 miles. It was nice! He hates running that long. He can handle it but would rather do insanity, which is 10 times harder, than run. Therefore, our MPH was about 7.5-8.2. He was pushing us but we had fun! His first race to do with me!!!! We didn't win the turkey though, LOL.
Another excitement from the weekend was definitely the Roll Tide win over Auburn! That is such a great rivalry and you NEVER know who will win no matter how good another team is. It is always up for grabs. Jeremy and my dad made the trip to Auburn, but I didn't have it in me after shopping. It was actually very nice just hanging out at my moms and watching the game on TV. I did a lot of her wrapping, as you can tell from the "bag pictures of Black Friday shopping". Those items needed a box and a home and did not need to sit in the bags long. It was just a nice day so even though the game would have been a blast, I enjoyed just watching it from the couch as well.

Shopping was so much on Friday (as I posted about). When I got to my house, I wrapped all my gifts to see what I had and still needed. We were so lucky all the favorite stores had such good sales. The sad thing is about 3-4 years ago Nordstroms used to be one of my favorites. Now I called Nordstroms a "glorified Dillards with expensive prices". I like Dillards, don't get me wrong, but it is sad how the economy is affecting so many stores and some are just nothing like they used to be. The only favorite store without black Friday sales was Louis Vuitton, LOL!!!

I hope to have lots of holiday posts. I have been waiting for after Thanksgiving so CK can start wearing her many Christmas outfits. They have multiplied, but I want her to wear lots of cute ones so I will try to post lots of pictures. I would love to get pictures of my decorated cottage up, but we will see. I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving!

We did manage to get our LIVE CHRISTMAS tree on Sunday when we came home. We came home that morning to a super clean house so unpacking was a breeze. It was so cold and rainy so the perfect day to stay indoors and do whatever. We got our tree and began to get the lights on it and put the ornaments up. Charlee Kate was so so eager to help and just loved every second of it. I could just watch her for days b/c she wanted to do every bit of it! We loved watching her. After we got it up, I ask Jeremy why it took us 4 years to do this. We have said we wanted a real tree for AT LEAST 4 years now, but every year we just do the same old thing and now I just love it. It just goes with the feel of the cottage. I was so happy with how it turned out and it is big, but we still couldn't get all of our ornaments on it. That was the best part, unpacking the ornaments and talking about them (where they came from, what year, etc...). Then I showed them to Charlee Kate, and she just loved to see what I would show her next. Merry Christmas! I love the feeling of Christmas!





She was helping Jeremy with the lights right here.
She wanted to stand on the stool as we added more to it. The tree doesn't look as big as it really is. I need to take more pictures, but these will have to do for now.
It is full of ornaments yet this picture doesn't make it seem that way. I did everything in red and turquoise this year as far as packaging, bows, etc... Love it!

I have a shoe tree that I put up every year. It has the cute high heels, boots, etc... that I have collected over the years. I love this one though... a Hunter rain boot, LOL! It was a new one I added this year.







No comments:

Post a Comment