Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Memories


It all started when I was probably in the 6th or 7th grade, many many years ago, LOL. We would ALWAYS take off on Thanksgiving afternoon after being with our family for Thanksgiving lunch and go somewhere (usually Atlanta) to spend the night for a night or two and go shopping for Black Friday. It was always my parents, Kelly, and me. We did this EVERY year and we were always the ones up super duper early, which back then, 5:00 would be an early time for something to open. We had many dinners at the gas station when we would get to Atlanta or wherever our destination was because NOTHING, I mean NOTHING was open! We would always get the paper so we had our coupons cut out and a plan in place! We would hit up every mall, every SAMS, every store imaginable in the areas. Usually Kelly and I barely had room to ride in the car on the way home and this was in a big SUV. Kelly and I have MANY MANY things we still laugh about because we were always up so early in the mornings (fighting other people for tables at the food court, rushing for parks at the mall, and the all time favorite "stirrup pants story" and "McDonalds.... You didn't get YO hashbrowns". I love these stories and they make me laugh out loud while I type!!!

We continued this tradition every year I think (mom and Kelly might could help out on this) until I got married. Then Jeremy went a couple of years, maybe, but then it sort of changed. However, we still don't miss out on our shopping day! It may just be the girls and my dad still likes to go every now and then, but we never miss that shopping day! I love it and I think I always have so many fabulous memories from Black "weekend" in our case. This year, I wanted to go back to Atlanta. In years past, it has been hard because we were traveling from Tampa and didn't want to exhaust ourselves that much to go to Atlanta, etc... but my "game is back on". I am so ready to tackle it again. Kelly is in Pittsburgh so I won't have her there to go along, but it will be me and my parents. I can't wait!!! Now when I look back over the years, I think of how those shopping days have changed. I love the memories and will keep them going!!!

I have been a little MIA over the past few days friends, sorry!!!! You saw the post of Game day on Saturday which was perfect. Then Sunday, we went to Jeremy's parents for Thanksgiving. That was a wonderful day, but I started getting sick. Really, seriously.... on Thanksgiving again! Last year was punishment enough! However, it is Tuesday and I am starting to feel strong again so I SHOULD be good! I cannot miss Thanksgiving food or (shopping) for that matter. This sick stuff has to go away!

Lots of pictures from Sunday will come tonight or tomorrow and many more on the way. Here is one little picture of my mantle, LOL. I love love it!!! The house has turned into the "cottage" I wanted. The little cottage from the movie "The Holiday" with Cameron Diaz is always in the back of my mind b/c I wanted a cute little one like that in the movie, LOL. It is somewhat like it : )


No comments:

Post a Comment