Saturday, March 24, 2012

My glass is half full!!!


Does vacation have to end? I know that is probably the dumbest question and really... who says "I am ready to go back to work?". I mean I do love our daily routines and usually enjoy getting back into the groove, but still not quite ready. I think we just truly needed this vacation that I want it to continue. The being with my family non-stop, sleeping, eating wonderful meals, no house work/chores/extra random things that sometimes wear us out, later workouts (beat 5:00 a.m. anyday), and the list goes on and on. It has been a true blessing to have time with our little family for several days and then Jeremy and I were able to just get away as well. To be a spur of the moment type of trip, it worked out so perfect, leaving from the beach b/c I feel like we had 2 complete vacations. Once we got home we still had 2 good days and knowing that I had absolutely nothing to do.... whew, makes it so nice and wonderful! I still think we truly appreciate this break, our time away, etc... because of what we do and what all it took to get to this point. God truly laid the path! I learned that a long time ago though!

However.... lets look at the glass half full.... the faster we get back to work, the faster Summer comes and it will be here quick! 8 weeks is really all! There were a couple of times in the year I was "wishing" for my FL school schedule, but now I am loving my AL school schedule when they will still have 2 weeks left and we are out of school. Its coming fast!

So thankful for the many blessings we had this week of gorgeous weather everywhere we went, relaxation that was much much needed, my parents for taking care of CK while we had time away (and poor baby didn't feel that good), and for the mental break I had. Awww.... to think of how far we have come in a year, so glad that this summer is not going to be so crazy like last summer. I am ready to just enjoy. Here are a few pictures that I did upload from my camera from the past week. Have a fabulous weekend!

Did I mention in my other post that Jeremy DOES NOT run past 3 miles?? If so, I have begged and begged him to! He says he put in his time in high school and college with basketball, which is fine, but every now and then I want him to be my long running partner and it takes some hard core convincing. When we were in Baltimore and did our "half-marathon", I refused to show him the GPS until we were done. I knew that was the only way to get us back to the hotel. I was super proud of him, no complaining. We were pooped when we finally had lunch at Capital Grille that day though.

Did I also fail to mention our other "kid again" game? Playing monopoly! On the Ipad of course! Technology is amazing these days! That is what we did on the plane ride there and back. It was fun and sure did make the time go by fast. I forgot how much I loved that game and how much fun it was to truly be kids again. That is what we were on our trip and it was soooo care free and fun. Well I guess we were kids "with a kid" too, LOL....

SOOOOO... I just realized I have 57 pictures. This post will be pictures with her and in a few days I will put more from our trip!


The very first beach day was just gorgeous! Its funny how you forget about the beauty of the beach and then God had it laid out perfectly this day!!!








Heading out for a night to eat and then on to Destin to shop at the outlets!









This was after several several hours of eating out, shopping, then getting yogurt! She had all her balloons and you can tell she had a good time! Time to head up and go "night night"

No comments:

Post a Comment