Monday, March 19, 2012

Just like kids again!


We have been just like kids since the moment my Spring Break started on Friday afternoon! We loaded up and left Friday afternoon and the sky is the limit. I think we just had a very long, hard working last few weeks, so we truly needed this break and I am glad it was away from home so I wasn't tempted to do random home chores. We did not get in until late Friday night and CK was excited to see the beach but ready for bed too so she really didn't see it until the next morning. I got in a wonderful run that next morning while Jeremy and CK ran to Dunkin, which the run was nice to have a different scenery, then it was off to the beach we went and I stayed all day long! While Charlee Kate was napping, I napped on the beach (oops), and Jeremy napped inside. It was so wonderful. I have yet to stop and upload the REAL PICTURES from the camera so these are all phone shots! Lucky I am even getting these up at the moment!!!
Our toes in the sand!
Having a snack with Daddy. She loved the beach, playing in the sand, the water, everything! Jeremy tried to build a sand castle but Charlee Kate didn't have the same "vision" he had. As he worked a good 15 minutes to start his fort.... she decided to go sit on all the castles he had already built. We laughed and realized, her vision was a little different.
Right before my nap on the beach, this was my view
My parents came in later that afternoon and Jeremy and I flew out early the next morning for Baltimore. It was a random pick for our trip, but I am so glad we picked it. We have had absolutely gorgeous amazing weather and it has been perfect! Here are a few pictures to show our fun so far and I will upload the camera pictures soon.

We are right by the Inner Harbor, which is beautiful. Jeremy and I do travel a lot and love to go to all kinds of new places, old places, etc... and I love to see the different areas that people live in and what their lives are like. The best way to see this is to truly run/walk a city. That is what we did today. We didn't exactly plan to do a half-marathon in Baltimore, but it turned into that somehow. Tomorrow... the train to Georgetown and DC and I hear the shopping/dining is so amazing there!!!

We met Steph and Matt for dinner last night. For those people that randomly read... I was in Steph's wedding back in Chicago in May. They are both in the secret service and their jobs amaze me. I love to hear stories!!! We had the absolute best dinner and could not stop talking and laughing. It was so much fun!!! We finally had to call it a night because Matt had a flight the next morning. I did have a wonderful fish! It was sea bass, just grilled with tomatoes and mangos on top, but the head, was not my favorite. We laughed at it forever!
Then.... Steph and I fixed the head. We covered it with bread. The waitress was dying laughing. When she took my plate after the meal, she said the chef would really appreciate this. LOL
The start of our run. How amazing and gorgeous!!! IT was so much fun!
The Ritz Carlton Residence! It was beautiful! I could live here in this place, haha

Our hotel view out of our window is of the Orioles Stadium. When we go to the gym this is what we see. Actually this picture is leaving the gym and pool one day so I took Jeremy's pic.

We ran all the way to Ft. Henry and back. Jeremy wanted to do this so I just went along because I am not a big "history person" at all!!! However, this was really interesting as we ran through the park. It was gorgeous because it was completely on the water, but to see the canons that were there back in 1812 and all the bunkers. Pretty interesting. Of course, we just looked at them and kept on running, LOL. I don't want to stop and read about it, just look at it!
Welcome Alabama!

LOTS more pictures to come soon, but it may be at the end of the week. Whenever I feel like uploading to my laptop. Until then, lots more days of fun on our trip, then back to Panama City for a few days with my baby girl. I am enjoying every minute of this break!

No comments:

Post a Comment