Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Just a random post...

I had this post ready to go last night and "Forgot to post it" so here it is, even though it is dated for Tuesday. These first few pictures are of Charlee Kate from THIS morning. She used the bathroom in the potty as soon as she woke up and she was sooooo excited! Of course, she got a surprise, so she was a happy camper, but she is hiding it behind her back, LOL! I loved these little tights and "C" shirt!



Look at me!!!!



Everytime you see her looking down or holding her pants, I would pull them down and she would "Hike them up". Not sure why but that made them too short, LOL. Loved this little outfit.




Everyday of being back in the "good ole south" somehow reminds me of how exciting and lucky I was to live in Florida. Sounds kind of crazy, but I learned so much that I don't think I would have learned if I stayed in Bama my whole life. I am so thankful God gave me those 6 years. I learned a lot while I was there, but I think I have learned more since I left. Is that possible??? YES, it is! I love that Charlee Kate has Tampa, Florida on her birth certificate because I have so much to share with her as she grows up, but I also have things I want to TEACH her as she grows up (good and not as good that I LEARNED while living there). I think a lot of this learning and reminiscing has a lot to do with my talk with my good old brother, Matt... our life lesson talks which we have always had and I love those talks, my daily devotions that put my mind in such a positive mode, and this random discussion I had with a teacher at my school, AFTER I started this post.


I met this teacher in the work room after school yesterday and we started talking about moving, leaving, etc... She is 51 years old and has never left Homewood! Went to school here, teaches here, etc... After I explained the feelings I had leaving Birmingham a long time ago, then coming back, she was amazed at how much I took from it and how beneficial it would be to go away. Especially to leave "the bubble". Don't get me wrong.... we LOVE LOVE our Bubble whether we live here or in Mountain Brook, but people who have NEVER left, is a different story. When we got done talking she told me "I need to leave the bubble and Bama for a little while and get a new perspective on life then come back". I told her, a lot of people should do that, you appreciate where you came from, grow in your marriage, meet people with WHOLE new walks of life that either make you appreciate how you grew up or drift you away. Luckily, Jeremy and I appreciate how we were raised and keep those values, yet we realize there is so much more to it! One of the best things I took from Florida was faith! People are SOOOO caught up in what church are you going to??? Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, etc... It is more about my beliefs and believing in God. I am not converting to some crazy religion by any means, but we still have our same beliefs and we are still who we are no matter what church we attend. In Florida, churches were non-denominational for the most part so people accepted that, not as much here, but we are finding what works for our little family.


So.... lots of random thoughts, but I am so thankful for our adventures and journeys that God leads us on. I feel like we are who we are because of that and I am so thankful for them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment