Sunday, February 26, 2012

Totally Mixed Feelings




Really... just looking at this sweet face, Need I say more???



I have had such a fabulous weekend so I write this with happiness, yet sadness because I really don't want the weekend to end. Now I know that there are probably a million peopl, in Birmingham alone, that feel the way that I do. It was just absolutely gorgeous weather this weekend, the most perfect weekend with Jeremy and Charlee Kate, and friends. It was just amazing and something we really needed!!!!



We had lots of time to rest and relax, that was so important. I feel like we need that after we go, go, go each week. I think I appreciate weekends so much more when I am working than during the summer when I am not. Saturday was probably the perfect day in Charlee Kate's eyes! We slept in, had breakfast, just played and hung out, took her to Shades Cahaba to the Winter Festival where we met The Hardens, then they all come back to our house and we had such a yummy lunch I cooked, then it was 2:30 before we knew it. Charlee Kate had not had a nap and was having the best time playing with Jace so Jenn and Michael offered to take her home with them while Jeremy and I went shopping to a few places that we had been wanting to go to. We finally accepted and Charlee Kate had the best time from what I understand.



Charlee Kate.... all loaded up! They had 3 little kiddos in the back seat!



We didn't get home until almost 7:00 and 5 minutes after leaving Jenn and Michael's, she was asleep. She was exhausted from so much fun!!! It was so nice to see her just laugh and play all day long. It is so exciting to think about the 32 years Jenn and I have had together and yet we are still doing things together, just with our spouses and babies now! Gosh, I love being back in Birmingham!



Sunday was just as wonderful! Sleeping in, I made an egg white, turkey sausage, spinach quiche. It seems that my cooking (which is really healthy) and baking (just plain normal, LOL) gets better and better each day, or at least I hope so. This quiche was so good and so good for you. It was half eaten before I took a picture haha!




Anyways, after having a great morning we walked to church around 11:00. We love this walking everywhere in the "bubble". I didn't wear work out clothes to church, we changed before heading off to lunch. Work out clothes would have been fabulous though!

Walking to have lunch! We walked about 3-4 miles just going to church, lunch, and the park!! How fabulous is that!!!

After we got done with lunch, Charlee Kate danced on the sidewalk to the band playing. Forget the bow at this point, LOL! Her hair was everywhere and I didn't care!


It was so unbelievable outside that we decided to walk downtown and have lunch, a nice run while CK napped, then we walked to the park. One of my favorite parts after that.... The Academy Awards. I love the Red Carpet and can't wait to pick out my favorite dress. I know in the grand scheme of things, that is soooo insignificant, but sometimes it is just fun to listen to the craziness and enjoy the "girlie girl" side of me that I love to enjoy. I just love dressing up and as I described the dresses to CK she just looked at me. Maybe we should have played dress up and acted it out??? LOL. I have been counting it down all week. Now that was play by play details, that probably no one cared about, but we just truly enjoyed the weekend. I hear bad weather is set for the week. That makes me scared, but I do have Jeremy here all week. Thank you God for such a beautiful weekend with my family and friends to relax, rest, and enjoy!! That was a blessing that we are so thankful for!!! Off to Monday, but we are going to make this a wonderful week!!!



WHEW... maybe I should have WASHED my hair after working out before heading to the festival. I tried to make it work at least. IT was Saturday, why worry???




Ready to go to a Winter Festival! All dressed and ready. I will be sad when UGG season is over. I love UGGS! But.... I am sure I can get some swavorski flip flops to be cute too!


I was not pleased with her hair, but it was so "fly a way" today and I just was like whatever. It will be fine. Just didn't matter at that point.


Jeremy was so tired of me taking pictures here, but not my baby girl!!! (for once)


It was bedtime and Charlee Kate ran to the mirror to talk to herself. She always wants to do this right before bedtime. I should have videoed it because it was so sweet!



No comments:

Post a Comment