Sunday, February 12, 2012

Brrr.... it was a cold one!!!


It seems that I don't get around to posting until after the weekend is over. That seems to happen lately b/c our weekends become very relaxed and whatever, so I don't have time. This weekend was a little different. I was anticipating the race coming up! The running part I wasn't too worried about. Endurance and physically, I was good! It was the 20 degree weather. I love me some cold weather, but WHY oh WHY did it have to be so cold for the race. Here is what I learned and gathered from my race:
* saw TONS of familiar faces (that is such a good feeling)
* I rode the bus with the "Homewood crowd". How nice to not have to park or worry about it
* Jeremy and CK never miss a race, so sweet. (well he missed one in Tampa b/c I told him not to worry). CK gets so excited to watch me cross a finish line. Love it!!!
* I ran my best time yet. Time is always the least of my worry until I realize I am doing good and when I saw the 7 minute milers I stepped it up. I should have done better. Jacki would have been so proud, even though she still leaves me in the dust, LOL. You have to come do this race Jacki since you have always wanted to!!!
* Best record.... how is that possible? It was 23 degrees, windy, I was on major meds, 4 hours of sleep, etc.... Somehow lulu lemon and Alabama outdoors provided me with awesome (and still cute) running gear to get through the run. I never ONCE got cold! The meds I guess have made me feel like a new person so running was so much easier, the coffee at the end, and who knows what else, but I made it!!! It was a fast one too!
* At mile 3 I smelled homemade baked bread baking, that was brutal. Then at mile 10 there really was coffee!!! I didn't stop. I never stop, makes it harder to get going again. By then I was ready to kick it anyways.
* oh yeah.... nothing like watching for ICE b/c the water that spilled at the running stations was turning straight to ice!!! I didn't fall though, LOL. I just fall on random sidewalks or when some random man scares me, not on ice.
* Not too sure about the man in cut off khakis, no shirt, and running boots. Seriously, it does get a little warm when your blood is pumping, but not that warm! He wasn't the classy of all classy, LOL. There is ALWAYS one at any race you go to!
* So.... this was one of the best halfs I must say! I have done 6 official, and too many "unofficial to count" but it was a good one!

So the race was over.... on top of that, I have battled what turned into a sinus infection for 7 days. It was on and off and on and off and then Thursday I realized, I needed something. I went to the doctor Friday and got a steroid shot, an antibiotic shot, and a round of steroid and antibiotic pills. WOW!!! I haven't taken pills for sickness (just surgery) or had shots since way before CK was born. I loved that shot!!! I felt like a new person in hours! Thank goodness I did that before the race. On top of it all though, our heat quit on Friday night and can't be fixed until Monday morning. That happened on the weekend that the weather never left 30 degrees. Luckily a big fire and some really nice portable heaters, kept the place nice and cozy.

So... in a nutshell, that was our weekend! Believe it or not, good rest, a good race, some yummy baking for all my friends, CK's teachers, etc... for Valentines Day, and ready for a new week. Oh not to mention, the old phone died! It was time, so we are officially all APPLE now. Why we took so long for the 4s not sure. I love the voice activation on the "s"! We have been an ALL APPLE family for 6 years now! I think this has been our only thing we needed to catch up on, but I have never been a die hard technology person so I never cared until recently when we got all the new Apple stuff. Jeremy is though and boy he has my phone set up to the max, the otter box, then "my idea of a nice cover" (I need 2 right), and anything else it could possibly do! Now.... Ready for some good homemade soup tonight for the cold weather.
THis was one of the coolest medals I have, LOL. The mercedes symbol

Ck was all bundled up at the race not to get cold. I wanted her ride!!!



It was a "piggy tail type of week" I guess!



No comments:

Post a Comment