Friday, February 24, 2012

Positive

Yesterday, or yesterday morning, was one of those days that I stopped and decided that I needed to see the "positive" in the day that God has blessed us with. For some reason, my little girl woke up several times during the night, which does make for a tired mommy sometimes, yet God always gives me that little bit of extra energy when he knows I have been up more than normal and I have to go to work. It was one of those days. I had to wake up my precious baby girl (because her daddy was gone so she couldn't sleep in extra today) and I brought her breakfast on her little tray all ready for her. She immediately started saying "No mama, no mama, crying, and then she just fell apart". I didn't know why! She had a hot breakfast on her cute little tray and her favorite show on the TV so she could "wake up". I immediately thought "OH NO, this can't happen like this today". I walked in the other room and gathered my positive thoughts (said a quick prayer b/c I was feeling horrible as a mommy)... as she is sitting there crying, then went back to her.

This was my conclusion: She just needed her mommy. If I was late to work today, so be it! If we needed to make another breakfast, so be it! If things were not completely together, so be it! I sat there, hugged her, held her, and let her pick out something different to start her day. Within 5 minutes, she was totally different and I felt totally different. I just couldn't stand that thought of her starting a day upset. From those 5 little minutes and that little prayer, our day was different. She was happy, ate her breakfast, couldn't wait to see her friends at school, and felt better. Those little times can make or break us, but I know she just wanted to be with her mommy b/c I could have just stayed with her too, yet she was so excited for her day. It all turned out just perfect, but sometimes I have to really remind myself to be positive, stop and think about what is really important, and then things come into perspective a little more. When I picked her up from school they said she had THE BEST day. She loves her friends SoPia and Max (I love to hear her say SoPia instead of SoPHia, LOL). Jenna, her babysitter, came over so Jenn, Ashlee, and I could have a girls night out and she was beyond excited for Jenna. I mean she LOVES her!!! So it turned out to be a super super day. Thank you for that little extra prayer!

Now it is Friday and it is over! That makes me super excited b/c we are home all weekend and Jeremy is here too. He has had lots of shows to go to over the last 2 months and lots going on. Knowing that we get to be home for awhile is the best feeling!!!! Fun times with the Hardens!

Check out that diaper! She had some adorable bloomers on after I saw that she wanted to show her diapers. I am thinking we won't be seeing diapers much longer. Potty training is taking place!
A lot of times we go to Icing on the Cookie after I pick her up from school. She loves to go pick out a cookie. This particular day we came home, made cookies, and added our own icing and sprinkles. Oh she was so excited and had so much fun doing it.




No comments:

Post a Comment