Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Nothing like the Present

It seems like I am always saying something sort of like this....

* tomorrow I will do "this"
* tonight I will do "this"
* this weekend I will do "this"
* when is the weekend coming so we can......
* next month lets do "this"
* in a few months we will do "this"
* I need to do "this"
* in 5 years I will do "this"
* in 10 years we will do "this"

and the list goes on! Oh and all of these things are on "lists" to check off when I am done, because that is the OCD in me!!! Believe me, it all usually gets done too because if I can't check it off, that would drive me crazy! That is how I stay ahead, organized, on schedule, keep sane, be a mommy, be a wife, be a teacher, house cleaned, trips taken, everything organized, CK's stuff ahead of the game, birthday stuff ahead of the game, and the list goes on there too! Soooo.... where does the "present time come into play"??? Always looking to what is next or what needs to be done next or a better way of saying what HAS to be done next.

That is part of my New Years SIMPLE plan to try my best to live in the present. My little girl just isn't little anymore and it kills me to see the time flying by. So many nights, Jeremy and I sit and laugh at all the things she does or things she is accomplishing. We just love this little girl. As we discuss our big trip plans for Spring Break, Jeremy mentioned taking her. We can't wait for her to go to these big cities and experience all the fun that we have, but then I thought.... oh she will love staying with her Gammy! LOL. As all parents say, they grow up too fast, even though each stage is special and each stage is fun. Anyways, time is so precious, but there is no time like the Present. That is all God has given me right now and I will always plan ahead (because I am a planner and because I am OCD), but... I think that is okay as long as I can truly enjoy the present!

Now.... how many more days until the weekend, LOL!

Enjoy some pictures I took over the last few days. Jeremy's mom was here staying with us while she had a doctor's appointment. Charlee Kate enjoyed having her Nana here and loves to listen to her read her books after books. She takes it all in!!!


Believe it or not, the front of her hair is growing! Yay, just doesn't quite stay in the bow, but we are getting there. Here is little Miss Sassy! She has been in such a sweet mood and a busy body!


No comments:

Post a Comment