Saturday, June 25, 2011

Time to say Good-bye!


Well the time has come to close out a Chapter in our lives and move on. Good-byes are never easy, yet change is always good and we are so excited and so blessed to be going back to Birmingham. There is NOTHING that we have wanted more! While living in Florida, we have been blessed to have some amazing people cross our paths and we hope to be able to keep in touch with you all. God has answered so many prayers and made this transition so easy for us. We are so excited to move close to our family and childhood friends again. It will be weird not having Kelly and Kevin and the kids down the road though, but it won't stop us from seeing them at all. I see A LOT of Atlanta trips in our near future as we meet half way with the kids. I think we may like those shopping trips in Atlanta, LOL! I still stop sometimes and really think that God is TRULY making our dreams come true. I have a very vivid memory from 6 years ago....dreaming about what is taking place at this exact moment in our lives. My BMW pulled out of Birmingham and I cried thinking we were leaving that place. Now almost EXACTLY 6 years later, my BMW (different one, LOL) is pulling out of Florida taking me right back to where I wanted to go. Prayers do get answered, but we had 6 great years to live, learn, experiment, and grow before the dream could happen. God taught me a lot about being who I am here in Florida and I really think I learned more by living here, than I would have if I would have stayed in Bama forever. I am glad to have had the opportunity!

So as we leave Tampa and all our amazing friends that have been a part of our lives here, we will miss you all and I will definitely keep the blog going. Keep up with us through the blog and continue to email us for sure! I know Alabama is not a "stop" for most people but if you are ever in the area, email me for sure and please come visit. I can show you some good old southern hospitality. As for Heather... who I know will be reading this.... you have to get to Birmingham soon because 33 years ago, he had a plan for these 2 blondes to live in the same place. Who would have EVER thought we would meet on Durrance Street in Florida and then move back to the same place!!! I am ready for you to be there and get to know all my fabulous friends and family that is already there. Now onto my little "cottage" in Homewood for a year and then we will see where we will go. When I say little I truly mean little, but its all about the area, LOL!!!

Wiping the tears away and now.... off to GOD'S COUNTRY! Bama here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment