Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sometimes.... AND.... Happy New Year


Our New Years Day! Sleeping in, eating a late breakfast, heading out to a few stores, then just relaxing at home before I cooked a yummy vegetable New Years Day dinner. It was so nice! The cold weather is coming in and I am so excited. I haven't had enough of winter yet.






Well it is a new year, 2012! I am so excited and so blessed to have had such a wonderful 2011. Every year, I think there is no way for us to be so blessed, yet every year we somehow are. We were blessed BEYOND, BEYOND our dreams, thoughts, and everything imaginable last year. We made sacrifices that I NOW realize were really not that big of a deal at all. It is amazing how God allows you to think "his way" and you give things up to make everything work out. We did that some in 2011, but I think God made more sacrifices and gave back to us way more than we could have imagined! I am looking forward to 2012, being back home, and what this year has to offer. We still keep the roads and the "air" busy so we hope to see as many people as we can this upcoming year and it looks as if we will be traveling to new places. Happy New Year! Looking forward to the new year! Here are some updated pictures from the last few days, which were totally just wonderful! We lived it up after our stomach virus and had the best week, really it was so nice!!!!

ATLANTA......One of my fabulous friends hit the nail on the head when I ask him what favorite thing I might be doing that involves MY spare time and he said.... shop, run, or eating. Well the next 3 pictures sum up those things, LOL. Some birthday fun!!!! Shopping in Atlanta. This was after Jeremy made some trips to the car. One of the last stops... lulu lemon outside of Lenox. I have to admit, Birmingham's is a better one! We were able to eat lunch with some childhood friends that live in Atlanta. We try to meet up with them as much as we can and now that we live here, we hope to see them more.

Eating at Flemings. Oh it was such a yummy dinner! They brought me a cake for my birthday.

The Flemings Cake

A few of the things from Jeremy. Super cute purple lulu matching outfit with matching shoes

Heading to dinner, it was COLD but I survived in heels


I have been in a bright colored "mode" for awhile now... bright blue being a favorite, with pink, green, or yellow following up, LOL. However, this style of Frye is my favorite and these are distressed, hard to tell, but they are. I wear this style all the time!

New Years Eve... heading out to the Park. Baby Girl was sooooo excited! We enjoyed about 2-3 days of just hanging out at home. Sleeping in, meals as a family, some good runs, then of course me making sure all is cleaned out, organized, cars washed, etc... It was a good feeling! Boy I will really have the "blues" when I go back to school b/c it has been nice having Jeremy home and all of us doing whatever.



We took her car to the park so she could just ride around, but she wanted to go to the playground instead.


She was saying "bye Daddy!"



Homewood Park is gorgeous, but always packed! She had fun though

NOW FOR THE "SOMETIMES" NEW YEARS POST....

Did I mention what a fabulous holiday season it was this year? It has been so wonderful! Jeremy and I did finally get to watch "The Holiday" one of my favorite Christmas movies and we watched it while taking DOWN Christmas decorations, not putting them up, LOL. We let it play over and over and I even caught him stopping for a second to watch it, even though he claimed not to love it. It was nice. SOMETIMES..... we don't get to everything we want to do during the holidays, but even if watching a Christmas movie after Christmas takes place, that is okay!

SOMETIMES bad things bring on good things... the stomach virus brought on lots of rest, which I never get enough of!!!! As a matter of fact, 18 hours of sleep in one day!!!! Even Charlee Kate's sickness reminded me of how much I enjoy that singing voice of hers, that laugh of hers, and watching her play by herself! When she was sick, she was just whiney and did nothing! It was so pitiful, SO when I saw that energy come back to life in her, I was reminded of how much I love to hear that sweet voice playing and singing!!!!

SOMETIMES it is OKAY to see Christmas go, even though I get so sad and depressed. I am NEVER ready for the joy, excitement, decorations, music, "feeling", and hustle and bustle of Christmas to end, but it has been a BIG year for our family and I am looking forward to a little more of a relaxed 2012!

SOMETIMES I think Jeremy is not listening when I randomly talk, which is quite often, but really he is and he knows exactly what to do for me. He thinks of everything from the perfect "time away" or the perfect thing to add to the house to make it more like a cottage or the perfect gift or the perfect thing to say or the perfect way to help me. He is a smart guy OFTEN, not sometimes.

SOMETIMES I think CK and I don't need anything for awhile, especially after NYC, Christmas, and Birthdays. Actually need is definitely not in the vocabulary.

SOMETIMES Jeremy does enjoy shopping. He is actually a really good shopping partner and really doesn't mind it but especially on my birthday. We spent 2 days in Atlanta shopping everywhere imaginable and he never said "lets go" or "are you done" but just goes with it. He is such a good shopper and does it just for me sometimes.

Sometimes I have to watch out with what I put on my blog. I don't put a lot of stuff on FB for lots of reasons (I have a love/hate relationship with FB and more of a hate, but that is a whole other post...especially when family members talk to each other on FB in the same house, LOL), anyways..... amazing how people really think our life is interesting, more so than I would like, so I don't always post as much as I would like.

SOMETIMES I get confused about decisions for our future, which route should we take, good things that we need to decide on, then I am reminded of how God lead the path this past year, then I just pray and stop worrying!

SOMETIMES I wonder... what did I do when I didn't have my ways to escape with my fabulous elliptical (of 5 years now) to figure out what to wear for the day, watch the weather, read a magazine, or just "not think at all", or running to clear my mind. I love those days in the mix of craziness.

ALWAYS, NOT sometimes.... I ALWAYS realize how truly blessed I am. Number one... the most amazing husband and daddy to my child, along with my precious healthy baby girl!!! To have our health, our family, our friends, the amazing jobs that Jeremy and I both have, the amazing place we live and the adventure that feel into place for us to get back home, The Christmas Season, and the many many blessings that God showers us with every day! I ALWAYS remember that and I am ALWAYS thankful for it!!!

Here is to an amazing and I mean AMAZING 2011. I have said it more than once in the last year, but WOW, what an amazing and very blessed year! 2012 has a lot to live up to!!!

What does January hold??? Of course number one on the list is the Bama National Championship!!! Jeremy will be making that trip with my dad. Then there is a little family get a way to Gatlinburg! We plan to meet my dad's side of the family in Atlanta one weekend, then I think January is over after that. Starting the year off busy, but family busy is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment