Monday, January 16, 2012

Gatlinburg!



We had just an amazing trip to Gatlinburg! We haven't been here in 9 years (since our 2nd Anniversary). I have wanted to come for several months, but this weekend seemed to be the best time, after the holidays, so we had something to look forward to when I have the "Christmas blues". I have to admit... I almost cancelled it this past week because my work week was crazy busy, Jeremy had been gone for 5 days, CK had been sick, etc...!!! I kept thinking "lets just stay at home", but I never would actually say it. NOW, I am SO SO SO glad we did not cancel it. It was exactly what we needed!

We picked Charlee Kate up from school on Friday and headed out. I kept telling her we were going on a "trip" so she has been waiting for our "trip". Then once we got in the car she ask me if we were going to New York. I laughed so hard. Her Nana read her a book about New York and so that is on her mind! I told her, in a few years, I will definitely be taking her there. Until then... it was Gatlinburg for this trip. She was the best car rider for 5 hours. She watched her IPAD for awhile, we stopped for dinner, then she watched it some more, then talked to us for 2 hours! We kept thinking she would go to sleep but it never happened, but she was so happy. After she saw the condo we were staying in, she was so excited! It was midnight before she fell asleep. I realized this was the first time she was really staying somewhere different than a family member's home so it was all new to her.

Our next 2 days involved lots of resting, sleeping, coffee in the mornings and some oatmeal, then out on the town for a bit, fun sight seeing places....we took her up the mountain in the bucket lift, saw snow, took her to the aquarium, ate at some good places, even went to the new outlet mall (which had some great stores to my surprise).... so all in all, it was just absolutely wonderful! I didn't have to clean, pick up, any of the usual household chores. We plan to do this every year or every other year for sure because it is such a fun/relaxing trip.

We made it back home safe and sound, with plenty of time for me to unpack and be prepared for the week. Somehow I had to throw the Superwoman cape on so I could get in a run on a nice day, go to the grocery store, cook dinner, get all unpacked, and bake a couple of items. It worked!!! At least it is just a 4 day week ahead of us and Jeremy isn't gone 5 days this week.

Back to the routine with work, cooking dinner, and then I am adding BAKING back to my list. New recipes I want to try! January is going to be over before we know it, then we have Valentine's Day to look forward to! So much happening...but fun stuff ahead. Not another trip until the end of February. Also, It looks as though the Mercedes it will be! I have such a hard time with decisions. Hope everyone else had a great MLK weekend!!!


The sun was shining on the mountains very brightly behind us but I LOVED seeing the gorgeous mountains every morning when we woke up.


She was so excited to head out on our first adventure for the trip! All dressed and ready to go!


Lots of snow on top of the Mountain!
We gave in and let her ride this goofy little old carousel. I was amazed it was still only 25 cents. Luckily we have the handy dandy anti-bac b/c this just made her day!

Riding Uber Gatlinburg to head back down the Mountain. She called this the big bucket.
Off we go for another morning. We both look sort of tired here. Not sure why b/c we had about 11 hours of sleep, but somehow we were tired, haha! She would not want to wear anything in hair but this headband. I knew we would put a cute hat on soon so I just let it go.



No comments:

Post a Comment