Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years Ago! WOW

As I sat to try and think of what to say for September 11th, I found myself just stuck, not knowing what to say. I stopped and read a few things about the 11th and found something a friend of mine said and she could not have worded this more perfectly!!!!

I can not believe that today marks the ten year anniversary of 9/11. It's amazing how time has passed and how things have changed.

What was I doing that day? I remember it like yesterday. I was still a newlywed. I had only been married 5 months. We were actually going to the beach that weekend to have wedding pictures made on the beach. I was heading out to class (watching Regis and Kelly like always) and saw the first plane hit. I was like everyone else, thinking this was something horrible that happened and it was an accident. Then the 2nd plane hit! I remember calling my mom and calling Jeremy. As I was in class, that was the only topic up for discussion. All ANYONE wanted to do was watch the Live coverage of what was happening. Then a few hours later, I remember gas stations piling up and the scaring, empty feeling hitting. What was next? What would happen now?? I can't even imagine what someone living in NYC felt at that moment. I am sure there is nothing like it because I didn't even live in NYC and still that is such a gut wrenching feeling. To think that there is someone in the world that evil to want to kill that many innocent people STILL is beyond my belief.

However, I do think that it has changed a lot of people for the better. We now stop and think about life and how precious it is! There is NOTHING you can take for granted, but I still cannot imagine what anyone went through that day in NYC or the families that were affected.

Those are the memories most vivid to me.

Now I think about how our world has changed and how my friends and I now have children of our own to protect from terror.

I hope our country spends today in reflection and remembers how we all joined together that day (and since) to protect our families from harm's way. I hope it doesn't turn into a day of politics and jargon. I hope we take time to recognize our resilience and comradery and how we are all more alike than different.

1 comment:

  1. I recall the very same thing! But there's absolutely no videos of Regis and Kelly on 9/11 anywhere on the internet. There's plenty of videos before and right after on the 18th when they returned. Bush stated that he seen a plane hit the first tower on live T.V. But conspiracy theorists are calling him a liar..according to anything on the internet it was impossible, and that videos of the first plane didn't surface till later in the day! I know what I saw..And you did too!

    ReplyDelete