Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I am back!

The trip to Florida was exciting! Lots to take in and do. It was truly a fun trip but I am lacking on sleep (Ashley and Karen, lol) It started with landing in Orlando and Ashley and I hitting the malls and outlets!! This is a girl who I can shop with and we stay out late. We were exhausted by midnight when we went to bed. The next day involved more shopping and a nice dinner. We stayed at the Gaylord with her mom and the room and hotel was fabulous. Love that place. We had some good laughs like we always do!!!! I miss her but I am so thankful we became so close 7 years ago. She and her husband are planning a Bama trip soon and I can't wait to show them good southern hospitality!!! 

I went from Orlando to Tampa to stay with Karen, aka "Asian sister". We ran an old time route, had toenails painted, then a fun night out with lots of hard laughs. Especially when I saw a lady smoking, crazy outfit, and a goat on a leash (at the restaurant we were going into). Never a dull moment in the good ole NPR! That meant we needed to head to South Tampa and Howard street.  Sunday was a lazy beach day and I don't think Karen and I left our beach chairs for over 4 hours!!!! I saw Marty (Charlee Kate's Mimi for 2 years) and my fabulous friend Jacki and Mae. We were play date friends and always enjoyed them! So sad how fast time flies. 




We decided to get our toes painted a fun color! I feel so tan until I am with Karen. Boy my feet look pasty white! LOL

The "going out feet" didn't look as bad!

Our old house on Durrance. It doesn't quite look the same and taken care of as much.

Monday, my beastie/little brother Matt took me to the airport after a Trip to Blue Moon in South Tampa, Wrights to take home a whole cake for myself, Mosh Posh (then I opted out....wasn't important), and hit International Mall. Home away from home, even though I don't think it's what it used to be. Lunch at Capital Grille/Bar Louie then off to the airport. Thought I wouldn't make my flight because it was overbooked and I was on stand by, but we had some good laughs at the airport and I made the flight! Whew! Thank God I had a fabulous friend to sit and wait at the airport!!! As I have said often, Florida has fond memories and I miss my friends, people, and everyone who crossed my path there. God blessed me beyond measures! I DID realize how blessed I am to be back home but miss some dear friends!! I did visit good ole Durance Street, where we lived. Lots of good memories and flashbacks to walking with my baby girl on those sidewalks everyday and running with my neighbor!!! It was bittersweet, but was so so blessed to see 2 faces getting off the plane...Jeremy and Charlee Kate. Oh how excited I was!!! 




Bayshore! Probably one of my most favorite places to run and I loved coming here. Brought back so many memories.
Of course... little shopping. Check out these newbies! I love some bright colored shoes

And here is the precious sweet face that I MISSED so much!





So...in a nutshell, somewhat....., I had a fabulous trip! I took a trip down memory lane and even made new memories, but realized God has placed us exactly where HE and WE want to be!! I wouldn't want to be anywhere else at the moment I will be back friends! I made 2 trips this year so I'll make another one too.


I have lots lots more to posts, but then again, we have 3 houses to look at, and one to go back to. Makes me nervous but exciting!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment