Friday, July 8, 2011

It just gets better...



Each day gets better and better here. It is just sooooo nice being back in The "ham" as I like to call it! Several things that I just automatically love:

1. I need an extra 15 minutes when I go running b/c people stop and talk and say "hi"
2. When I was running one morning, I ran into an old friend, running as well. Aww.... so nice!
3. Lunch with Jenn and Jace. Who would have ever thought that my childhood best friend and I would live so close and be able to do this with our children!!! We both also teach 4th grade in the same school system.
4. When I went to see my new school, which is GORGEOUS (not a concrete rectangle).... the principal hugged me and just fell in love with Charlee Kate. She said it was the smocked bubble and bow, LOL. I am soooo lucky to have someone so personable!
**ON top of that, I have already met several of the teachers and they are young and have young children just like me!!! The best part is, they are ALL Alabama/Auburn fans. So nice to be back to dealing with that and not all the extra randoms. I bet Iron Bowl week will be fun at school.
5. The neighbors are super nice!!!! We have met so many already and we have only been here over a week because we were gone for the 4th.
My FAVORITE.... When we went on our walk tonight, Jeremy and I got the BIGGEST kick out of watching Charlee Kate walk looking up. Luckily she wasn't going to run into anything, but she was looking at the super tall old trees! Right then, I realized this was perfect!



I just love it! As I have said about 20 times on my blog posts, this is ME! This is what I have ALWAYS wanted, this area and what is going on. It still feels weird! Kelly and I both headed our separate ways last Sunday and we both had a flashback to 8 years ago when I lived in Birmingham and her in Charlotte. 8 years later, we are doing the same thing! Sometimes you have to wait for good things and we definitely did wait, but now it is time! God answers prayers for sure!

Now on another note......
I have been very busy the last month or so. To make a long story short.... with help of a friend, to my "painting lady in Florida" to reading up on "how to's" I have painted lots of furniture in our house. We have bought several pieces we needed and I have fixed it up. Here are a few newer pieces that I did. We needed a "pantry" in this cute cottage so this is what our pantry is now! I love it and can use it for SOOO many things when we move somewhere else. This little island is something I wanted as soon as I saw a friends back in March. This is a smaller version but when I get my real house, I would like a bigger version. I don't mind doing it but can't say I completely LOVE it, LOL!!! My pictures were not really that great, but taking and retaking pictures of furniture is not #1 on my list, so what I took had to work. They are so much prettier in person I must admit!

I used a window seat for Charlee Kate's changing table so we had to get something when we moved. This is what I found. Loved the vintage changing table.....

When Jeremy brought this home, I really did think "uh-oh this may not turn out cute at all!" However, it is one of my favorite pieces!!!

This is our pantry. It is huge and will be perfect for something else down the road! The "finished picture" didn't really do it justice!

Inside the pantry, I used chalkboard paint for notes, lists, or whatever we want it for!
I have these 2 old white end tables that I didn't know what to do with. Here is what one looks like! I loved it, the Anthropologie yellow with the dark showing through


This is what I have always wanted when I moved back.... old house and old stuff, that I make new. For those of you that live in Tampa, THAT is why I was in love with Hyde Park and South Tampa immediately when we moved because it made me think of Homewood, somewhat! I think every person I have MET in Tampa, knows my love for South Tampa because of that reason! I always found all the locals and neat places in South Tampa, just like I like here in Homewood.

Sooo.... some of this may sound boring or redundant, but this is what I have ALWAYS wanted! Thats no secret! I am literally having a 6-7 year flashback!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment