Thursday, April 1, 2010

I heart spring break!

Charlee Kate and the Easter Bunny at Brookwood Mall in Birmingham. She didn't mind the Easter Bunny at all. I better enjoy it while I can! We walked right up and saw him without waiting in line at all.
YAY for Spring Break!!! It officially has begun. Charlee Kate and I headed to Bama yesterday and made it safe and sound. We met mom and dad to eat at Do Si Yos in Homewood, which was very yummy! This was the first time I have been since Christmas, but CK and Jeremy have been before now. Lots of crazy thoughts over the last few days. Read if you would like.....

1. Crazy week! Some days I don't know how I actually accomplished all that I had to accomplish, but I ended a very rush, rush week with pretty pink toes from my pedicure, clean house, clean clothes, organized closets, and tasks accomplished. So nice. However, as I was heading to get CK one day after school, then cook dinner, pump, pack for Bama, etc.... my friend Matt said "I am going home to have a drink and lay on the couch to watch TV". I thought "how nice...." BUT, I do not want to become that person that says "enjoy it now" or "must be nice", etc... I had too many people say that to me in my past and I really do understand that even people WITHOUT children, are busy.

Charlee Kate at the airport waiting for our flight

2. As my students and I discussed Spring Break and Easter we all discussed our plans. I ask them, out curiosity, what did they do on Easter. I got tons of answers, but most of them being "hunt for Easter eggs", "wanting eggs with money in them", "easter bunny comes". Then I finally got brave and said "Does anyone go to church". All at once it was like they all chimed in and said "OH no, we don't ever go". I then just stopped. It was an overwhelming and sad feeling that came over me. Granted there are about 2-3 students that weren't in there to answer and I know their families and their backgrounds, but it was the fact that it was the majority.

3. My husband has a "fro" now. Actually it is ONLY a "fro" in the mornings and I laugh and say he needs to tame it, but I love it. It is really getting long! I will try to post new pictures of him with his long hair. Easter pictures coming soon!!! Long hair is the new thing though! I love it on men and baby boys too.

THE EASTER BUNNY CAME TO SEE CHARLEE KATE
What a happy girl to see the Easter bunny, even though we didn't have her "real" Easter outfit. It would have clashed with the bunny anyways. It is all white.


Lunch with Sue, Jennifer, Ashlee, and Jace at Mamma Goldbergs



Loving the yellow bunny ring that Ashlee is wearing
Sue (Granna) and Ashlee
At the hotel drinking her bottle
Playing after she woke up

One very exciting little bit of information that I just found out... as I was typing this email that one of my child hood friends, like a sister, just got engaged. I have the honor of being her Matron on Honor in her wedding. I am so excited and so happy for Emily and Justin!!! What a gorgeous picture... her engagement on the beach at Sunrise!

No comments:

Post a Comment