Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Park City living!

Park City?? I knew it would be a neat place...Sundance film festival here (has to be nice if all celebrities come right?), high class area, mountains, etc... But it was VERY unusual that we were going somewhere and didnt know what we were going to do when we got there. I think that made it more exciting though. By the time this trip was over...we found another new vacation spot for our family. Kids will love it one day and I am afraid mountains in the south don't compare. 

Sunday...we flew out. We were flying into Salt Lake City...Park City is 30 min away. Of course delta always overbooks flights but we took a flight a few hours later in exchange for free meals and flights and now we have free flights to come back another time. Can't beat that! Sunday was a traveling day then laid back once we got here. First thing I noticed, besides mountains of course, was the cool weather in Park City. I was immediately in heaven! 

Monday: we slept in, worked out, cooked breakfast. We were staying at a resort so we had a big condo and it was nice to cook breakfast and take it easy in the mornings with mountain views. We hit downtown Park City, shops restaurants, Olympic park (watching everyone ski into a pool kept my attention), then explored the mountains. Later that afternoon we headed back to get ready for dinner. We had reservations at The St Regis at the top of the mountain. Eating outside was just breath taking. Sat by the fire pit after dinner and made s'mores. It was cold but it was the most perfect night. Very rarely did we look at a clock! 

Tuesday: my favorite day! Slept in, made breakfast, and headed out hiking way up the mountains. Now hiking was amazing, i found a new love. I think those workers underestimated us though as we were asking our questions to begin. Here are MY assumptions as to why: 1. I was preggo 2. Everyone else looked "outdoorsy" with their backpacking gear and we (mainly me) were in fancy workout clothes, make up, earrings, and I had a water and my lipgloss instead of a backpack. Kind of funny but we did a hike for over 2 hours and survived just fine. We could have gone longer but wanted to make sure we made our spa appt. So after hiking, we took the gondola lift to the top, ate lunch, then off to a 2 hour spa treatment and then the pool. Dinner was sushi that night...the perfect day! 

Wednesday: we hiked again that morning bc we loved it. Had breakfast on the balcony, headed into the city for some shopping. I am definitely your Girly girl shopper and in other ways too but my outdoor relaxing activities hit the spot for this trip! I must say the weather was a #1 reason too!! 

It's a trip to come back to for sure! We cant wait to bring the kids one day. Definitely a baby moon vacation that was much needed! Now I am ready to see my baby girl 

Heading up on the first hike 
We are up there!
The white trees... Pretty cool


Our only nature friend we saw...that's ok with me!
Out to dinner!



Downtown park city
Another hiking day

The s'more table to make by the fire pit

Daily views...

No comments:

Post a Comment