Friday, October 19, 2012

Halloween Get here!

Okay I have to admit, I am not one of those people that just LOVES Halloween. It is by far not my favorite Holiday. I just love it because it falls during my favorite season!!! Anyways, I want Halloween to get here for two reasons. I love it because Charlee Kate is excited! She cannot wait to dress up and go get candy. Last year she had a fever and could not enjoy it so I am hoping for a better year this year. Also, she loves her costume. She has been wearing it for a month now. I am one of those mamas that once I buy it, I will let her wear it as much as she wants it. I don't care if it gets a stain or anything on it. I just want her to love it. The other reason I am super excited is... the house (inside at least) should be done! They have told me maybe a week and a half at the most and all will be done. OMG.... I am sticking to that!

It has been really exciting to watch the changes to the house and it still is, but the dust, haze, cleaning up after them everyday, things all moved around (in an organized mess), etc.... is starting to get to me. Being pretty OCD, I have done pretty good with the mess and have just not stressed and worried over it. However, I am ready for a kitchen, ready to cook, and OF COURSE ready to bake... ready to have dinners with my family at the table, ready for it to have the continuing fall smell inside instead of paint, and ready to see how it all came together. Bathroom... no more yellow, green, and burgundy. Ready to see that to strictly gray and white, but the kitchen most of all. It changed soooo much with the demolition. We are almost there.

TGIF...Its been a good week and thank goodness for fabulous friends and family. We have had some wonderful meals that people have made for us and some who have had us over too. Its been fabulous! We met our next door neighbors, had dinner with them, kids played (and there is even a gate between houses when the kids just want to run over and play). They just had their kitchen renovated b/c they moved in a few weeks before us so they "get this whole renovation thing". I can't wait to post pictures of it.

Anyways, Tuesday we walked to Michael's Steakhouse in downtown Homewood. We love to walk to eat and it was a gorgeous night. We ate outside. They are one of the best places in town for fish too. 



Wednesday we went back to good ole "Grove Place"... our old street to get together with some friends. She had us over for dinner, then we walked the kiddos to church choir. The piano was so much fun for the kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment