Sunday, May 6, 2012

We Love Homewood Day!


It really does exist and that is what it is called! Saturday was We Love Homewood Day. There was a HUGE celebration at the park all day today. Charlee Kate had the best time! At night they had a parade and a block party. We took Charlee Kate up to the parade, met some friends (saw TONS of people), then went to the block party at all the restaurants, with the band, and jumpies. It was so much fun! We will NOT miss that each year. Charlee Kate thought grabbing candy at the parade was so cool! I just loved hanging out, listening to the band, watching the kids play, talking to everyone... we didn't get home until after 9:30, which is late when you walked up and have a 2 year old. However, we crashed as soon as she did. The heat from running 9 miles, playing at the park for an hour, and washing my car, just about "did me in".

We truly do love this place!!! I can't imagine being anywhere else. Friday night some of our Florida friends came to stay with us. Jeremy had to take my dad to the airport that afternoon so I sat with our friends until he got back. I showed them around the neighborhood, my school, CK's school, all the restaurants and stores, mountains, etc... Stephen (our friend from FL) finally said "You absolutely love it, don't you? You are in your element!!!". He is right. I love this quaint place. It's my "HYDE PARK of TAMPA". I do love it and it just goes along with the weekend slogan of We Love Homewood. Friday night we all went out to Gian Marcos... of course... a "We love Homewood" favorite and our favorite for sure. This is the best place and it goes to show because even on a Monday night, you need reservations. It is nestled right in the middle of the neighborhood. After a nice 2 hour dinner, we all came back and sat out in the front yard with our IPOD playing on the speaker and sat forever. It was so nice. 

Saturday morning, I ran in a race for Homewood City Schools. Awesome race, super hot, but it was fun. Jeremy went to pick up Charlee Kate after being with my mom for a week, and then the festivities began. It was a nice race! (Even though I could do without 90 degree temps). haha! I am soooo glad to be a part of a school system that supports fitness so strongly! 

So now for a Sunday... church, maybe yogurt, and staying home. Still recovering from the heat. I am so not ready for this kind of heat yet, but its here to stay for awhile. Only 14 more days and 2 more Sundays before the big break. Boy am I excited!!!

This is what I have for pictures... just a little here and there, but all with my phone! Mom took this picture of the girls when she had them. So cute! Such sweet cousins. I think they truly had a wonderful week together.


 I took this picture for my friend Ashley. She wanted to see something in it. It was time to head out to our favorite dinner place.
We did not plan to both wear blue. It just happened and it is also my favorite favorite! I bought this dress about 2 1/2 years ago and wore it for the first time last year, but I do love it! I just don't have places to wear it very often.


The minute I walked in the door and saw CK, she wanted her nails painted, toenails painted, and she had her lipgloss on. She is my girl!

It was super hot at the park, but it did not stop Charlee Kate from having a blast and playing and running. She was so sweaty, but she loved it. 

Charlee Kate woke up from her nap and we were headed to the parade!



 We are waiting on the parade to start so we can start running after candy. She thought this was just so neat!!!
Here is Charlee Kate sitting with Nicholas. 

 All the kiddos waiting for the fun to begin~ Mary Ryan, Amelia, Nicholas, and Charlee Kate

BLOCK PARTY!!!


GRAND FINALE.... The dancing queen!!!
I tried to upload her dancing video. It was hilarious! She was showing off for everyone and didn't care who was watching! It was soooooo cute! It is on FB but I will try to get it back on here.


No comments:

Post a Comment