Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Sea of Red Tail Lights!

The title was perfect for this weekend.....This weekend I drove with my friend Heather to Atlanta. She was taking her little girl Ayden to meet her mama at the airport so she could fly back to Mississippi with her. However, her brother is learning to fly planes so he flew a little 4 seater from MISS to ATL with the instructor and her mama to pick Ayden up. Needless to say, there was a little anxiety there!!! The flight, plane, whole thing ended up being perfect though It was a gorgeous night to fly. The only thing that was not quite perfect was the travel to Atlanta. A 6.5 - 7 hour trip turned into a 10.5 trip. Seriously.... it got humerous at the end. All we could do was laugh. We went through 10 traffic jams, I used the bathroom at a Diesel Truck Stop where the truckers wash their trucks (Very UGH... but when it gets to the emergency point, you gotta go), then on top of all of that, Heather got a ticket. Adventurous was the best way to describe the travel experience, but we still had a blast! I realized that God places people and friends in your life for a reason and Heather is a keeper. Kind of crazy how those southern girls are just raised the same... whether it is Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, etc...

We did have a great time! We stayed in Buckhead and realized how much we missed seeing the GORGEOUS Dogwood trees blooming and the hills and mountains. Not to mention, that is the best shopping right??? We loved every minute of our trip and got some good laughs.

I found out my friend loved Whatamacallits like me, had a 240sx stick shift as a first car like me, hates heights like the parachutes or free fall at Six Flags like me, loved some good old barbies like me, can eat up some cracker barrel like me, thinks a "coke" stands for dr.pepper, coke, sprite, pepsi, whatever like me, loves some black mascara b/c she has blonde eyelashes like me, and the list goes on and on. The only southern thing I think I have missed out on is Chocolate biscuits and gravy, but she is going to introduce me to those very soon. Right now so many of you southern girls are getting this.... totally!!! Glad I got to spend the weekend with you Heather, even if 3/4 of it was in the car, haha!!!

The SEA of RED TAIL LIGHTS!!!
The ticket... could that thing get any longer? At least she still has a smile on her face and the trooper was so nice, i would have got his picture if I would have been thinking on my feet.
And more tail lights.... did I mention we went through this 10 times
Sweet Little Ayden by the plane, ready to go!
Up, Up, and Away they go!

No comments:

Post a Comment