Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Love/Hate relationship with the wreaths!

About a year and a half ago, Kelly and I sold some of our stuff at the Tampa Bay Junior League Show. At this show, I found these wreaths that I just LOVED! I told her then, THAT is the wreath that I want when I have a baby. They have millions of different kinds so when we bought the house, I ordered a "Welcome" one for the front door. (Hint... it is in almost EVERY picture that I take of a bump shot, LOL). Anyways, once I found out I was preggo, I could finally get that cute wreath! I knew it was going to be tough to get it in time once I had the baby since I didn't know what i was having and I couldn't order it ahead of time.

Therefore, I had this bright idea for me to trace it and Jeremy to cut me one out of wood. Then I would paint it. When I saw how easy it was for him to cut it out, I had him cut several. By the time he cut out the last one and sanded it, he was DONE with wreaths. He didn't really enjoy it. Well... night after night after night of staying up painting, waiting on parts to dry, painting again, waiting on it to dry, etc.... I didn't really enjoy it either, but I wanted them all done at once. That is the story of my life though, I want everything done at once so I don't have to worry with it. Since I had that thought, I painted and repainted frames, sanded them so they looked very worn down and scratched up (Anthropologie like), and just kept adding these random things to my list. However, this really doesn't have to do with the pregnancy, I have always been like this. Mom would definitely be able to back me up on this one!

Back to the wreaths....For the baby wreath, one side says JohnParker and one side says Charlee Kate. I decided this would be easiest and then I could just have mom add the bow and we can hang it up once Baby Wilson is here. I like to be prepared, haha! Here are some of my projects that I stayed up doing. Some are better than others. You can tell which ones I was working on late at night because they are not my best work, but I sort of have the idea down so when I do get the urge to do more, I know more of what I am doing now. However, I don't feel the urge coming on ANYTIME SOON! I should be DONE with projects for awhile to say the least. Now.... maybe I will relax some and leave projects alone.


See these 2 wreaths... well the "Wilsons" is totally off centered and it bothers me so tonight I will be painting over the "ONS" to make it more centered. This is why this is a love/hate relationship. I love them, but hate them too! The Steelers was a request from Jeremy to have up on Sundays or Monday for the games. I need to make K&K one of those for sure!

Again... I have to turn the wreath and move the bow over b/c I off centered it, but that shouldn't be too bad. If I were to FLIP the wreath, the other side has brown polka dots and "Charlee Kate" written in hot pink with the same sort of bow... hot pink bow with leopard and choc brown and white polka dotted ribbons coming out. Either way, I have it ready for the hospital!!

I am sure these are not the last wreaths I will do, but at least for a few days they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment