Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Nursery

Nursery.... I dreamed about having another nursery for a long time. So it was soooo exciting for me to FINALLY be able to put one together. I worked for several months on this. Everything was painted or made, nothing just bought at a store unless it was maybe a lamp. (I haven't learned how to make those yet, haha). The furniture was Charlee Kate's, I just painted it. The "mobile" so to speak... was obviously made from a tree twig and I added the stars. I bought those at Anthropologie years ago. The "LOVE YOU" sign was designed and painted by a woman here in Homewood. The bins were something that took me forever to find but I finally did find them. I made the chalkboard labels. Jeremy and I created the "Alabama" art work on the wall. The curtains are all a gray velvet....  the bedding was designed after hours spent with a lady here in Homewood looking at different fabrics to finally find what I wanted. I wanted it to be soft, peaceful, and nothing fancy or in style for the "moment"... (like chevron). The picture frames were of course made by Kelly! Loved those! The angel wings I saw and decided to make since so they were just in a picture but I could not buy them anywhere. I will take a picture of the baby with the wings each month. The little wooden rocking chair my granddad made YEARS ago. Charlee Kate has one as well! I think that sums it up, but it was my perfect little nursery. I love it! I turn the lamps on and light candles everyday in there. It is just the perfect little place to me. Now... it just awaits a little baby : )















No comments:

Post a Comment