Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy Weekend!

Whew... Yes I am really playing catch up here. There was a lot to post about from last weekend. Our fun weekend with Ella, Charlee Kate's dance recital, and then wrapping up May! There are numerous reasons I have not been able to post, but I will just try to write all that I can today.

I am looking forward to Mother's Day that is this weekend. What an absolute joy it is to be the mommy of my precious Charlee Kate. I love every single minute of her laughing, growing, changing, making friends, loving on her when she is hurting, talking to her, taking her on walks, teaching her, and best of all... being her mommy. I remember that long long time of "infertility days" and longing for that child to call me mama. She is an answered prayer that is the biggest and best blessing ever. My heart goes out to my friends who are part of the "infertility club". It's a club no one wants to be in and that is HARD to understand unless you have been there. But.... God does help and give faith in those hard moments. I have a precious gift to share my weekend with. Not sure what we will do, but the fact that I can just BE a mommy is a gift in itself. I am so glad I have such a little angel that calls me mommy!

Last Weekend:
These two girls had so much fun together all week with Gammy. Then we got them both on Friday and we had them all weekend. They played dress up, colored, watched movies, we went on walks, went to church, went to eat, had so much fun! Here are a few pictures. Together, they are a riot!!! 

Getting ready to head out for We Love Homewood Day. There was a parade and then a street party afterwards. It was very very chilly but such a nice day for it all. I would rather it be chilly than way too hot!
Watching the parade and catching lots and lots of candy
They were getting so tired by 7:45 or 8:00. Charlee Kate was wearing her daddy's hat and they were just hanging out!
A night out to celebrate! We needed a night out, just a good date night. My mom had Charlee Kate all week so off we went to Highlands Bar and Grill. It was so nice!


Last Sunday was Charlee Kate's dance recital. It was really cute and she is such the performer! She is very shy at first when you get to know her, but when she is on stage, she loves it! I think we are starting gymnastics this summer. I am definitely the GIRLY GIRLY type of person, but poofy hair and make up for her recitals, just isn't me. I guess maybe it made me feel like she was so grown up. I don't remember it being like that when I took dance. I will let her chose though... I just want to let her experience everything first.






On Monday.... back to the school routine! Only 9 more days of it though! Then summer time here we come!


No comments:

Post a Comment