Sunday, May 26, 2013

Another wonderful day to be called mommy!

I was waiting until today to make this post because we had a huge Memorial Day party at the lake house and made the announcement to our family... who won't see this until after the party so.... I am not sure how it should start out. Definitely with the greatest excitement and with prayers that have been answered far beyond what I thought! We are pregnant with our 2nd child. This post is broken into 3 parts... each day I will finish the story, but the best way to start it out... is I could not have done it at all without those daily devotions on faith and then prayer. It was a hard hard road. Much Much harder than I ever encountered with Charlee Kate. I was pretty much at the end of the road... not sure where or if there was another road to go down and God blessed and surprised me. It was one of those blessings that I kept saying "Why me?? Why did I get to experience this joy and why did you chose me?" Of course, I was beyond excited!!!! Funny thing is.... all the many months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds before that point I kept saying "Why NOT me? I could handle it... I could be a good mommy". Then I finally learned it was all in God's timing. I will bring up the Infertility aspect in another post... right now I want to focus on all the positives and all the good things! This precious baby is already a blessing to me!

My fertility doctor did not release me until recently.... almost the end of the first trimester. She kept me to monitor me and watch and measure the baby every week. That was soooo exciting! It was so wonderful to have so many ultrasounds of the baby. I was used to having 2-3 ultrasounds a week, but I was always looking at my ovaries or the follicles. That got old after awhile. It was nice to see a little baby and that fluttering heartbeat! I always tell Jeremy that I watched this baby start out as a little bitty follicle and grow to this baby. The process truly is amazing! I do want to post about the infertility part soon. It wasn't easy by any stretch of the imagination and looking back now, I don't know how we made it through some of those times. This devotion was probably one of the best ones and it got me through those tough times. I printed it off and read it many many mornings in my classroom!

What a great devotion!
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14 (NLT)
Efficiency is my middle name. I like to get things done and get them done fast. Waiting for my computer to re-load a web page, or my kids to find their shoes, or even for God to come through on a prayer request isn't something I always do with patience.
In our hurry up, need it, gotta-have-it-now culture, it's easy to think we shouldn't have to wait. Think about it: within seconds we can know the weather in southern Mongolia, order a cute dress from a trendy store, or move dinner from the freezer to the table in five minutes thanks to microwaves. We can instant message our mom or send a tweet to thousands in the blink of an eye. No wonder waiting is hard!
What awesome instructions David's life gives for waiting! Waiting is less difficult and the future is brighter when we let God do His work in our waiting season. When we let our guard and defenses down, we're open to seeing how faithful He is to bring His plans for our lives to fullness.

MY FINAL THOUGHTS..
And I just want you to know that even small faith is completely able to hold you. It held me those nights. Through the minutes and hours I didn't know how to make it.

More posts to come with more details...


No comments:

Post a Comment