Thursday, February 7, 2013

Living instead of thinking...


Now this is the best thing I have heard in awhile... If we all acted like kids and starting living instead of thinking about living... life would be just a little sweeter. I relate this to my 4th graders. They don't have time to "think about their life and where they have come/going, etc...". They are just in the here and now and boy do they live it up! Sometimes, I think that is the best advice to go by! I guess that is what I have been doing for a week, living instead of thinking about living and I have missed out on some blogging so here it goes...

We are still here... I just feel like its been forever since I have blogged. Somehow I have just missed out on pictures the last few weeks so there is really nothing to post about. A few "catch ups" though. At the end of every year, I print my blogs into scrapbooks. It is a way for me to see what has happened through the year so I try not to let many days go by without some kind of post. I will have lots of pictures soon!

The happenings:
* Charlee Kate had her first ear infections since tubes last year. She is such a trooper when it comes to being sick! However, my gut told me that she had an ear infection b/c she would have random fever days, not eat, and wake up in the middle of the night. All of those are symptoms of an ear infection. Luckily, we now have drops and antibiotics so I hope she starts to feel better!
* January flew by, both at work and at home. That is so shocking because January is usually a slow month.
* Charlee Kate's imagination continues to just TAKE OFF! She absolutely begs for school everyday. She loves to play with her friends Harper and Sofia. She tells me that they play "doctor, ballgame, airport, and mommy". One day they played doctor with bark (being a shot) and the bridge on the playing (being the bed). Just listening to her describe what they play and the times that I get there early and get to watch her play, are just priceless. That imagination is one of those things I absolutely love about her.
* Jeremy thinks Charlee Kate's feet are her imaginary play friends. Sometimes at night she just says "Mommy can I talk to my feet before I go to bed". I laugh... and just hope she isn't doing that at 10, haha
* We enjoy our weekends at home.... that is usually where we are. Enjoying the outside, walking to downtown Homewood, spending time with friends, and just being home! We love our new home
* This is a little minor mishap in the house.... 2 places on our kitchen countertops cracked. Alabama marble (for people who don't know... is like the thing to have in kitchens at the moment). Well this shouldn't have happened, but it did. So... I am thinking they will be replacing the countertops in the kitchen. We had an amazing guy who did our renovations and has no problem with that, but great... that sure is going to be fun. I can't complain... glad thery are fixing it.
* We joined our church here! We absolutely love the SS class and the church itself. We have also become close with our new neighbors next door that we enjoy doing as much as possible with. They have 3 little ones (5, 3, and 6 weeks). We both bought and moved in our new houses within 1 month of each other. Its so much fun to think our kids will all grow up together, for awhile at least. Every month, week, and day, something new happens that makes it more and more like home!
* Lastly.... I joined the Service Guild here in Birmingham. It feels like I am in a sorority again, yet this is all for community service. It is part of the Bell Center here in Homewood and I am so excited about my opportunities with it. The Service Guild is in charge of the Mercedes Marathon which is huge here in B'ham! They also have a big fundraiser called the Gala... I am excited about that. It is black tie formal/dinner/auction. I love to dress up and can't wait. However, working with these families that are part of this center is going to be an amazing opportunity!

Pictures to come soon! I will be back on top of it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment