Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Beach, beach, beach!!!!

The sun was shining and it felt so good! After several days of rain last week the sun came out on Valentines Day and it was just gorgeous! Amazing how the sun coming out can give you so much energy!!! It was a wonderful Valentines Day. It started out with heart shaped cinnamon rolls. Pretty simple and CK and Jeremy liked them! Last year I made Nutella French toast with strawberries cut into heart shapes and CK said "can I have my waffle?" ( meaning her frozen one) haha so this year I kept it simple. 

These days simple is just as exciting. Then Jeremy brought me some Gian Marcos for lunch. I love that place... just food, but it sure was a good meal! Then off to the beach we went. That in itself is enough to make a day of love fabulous!

We needed this break to the beach in more ways than one. There has been a lot happening and we have looked forward to a break away! Charlee Kate has been wanting to go to the Beach for a long time. We had a countdown for her and she waited patiently for the day to leave and we actually left a day earlier. Our friends, Steven, Lisa, and Harper went too. The weekend was filled with time on the beach, lots of giggles and laughs from the girls, yummy food, a little shopping, but lots and lots of relaxing and Mexican train. I felt like we were able to do things we haven't done in forever. Every night we slept with the doors open bc it was cool out and we could hear the ocean. So peaceful. There were a few good runs on the beach, which is always fun but challenging with the sand. It was nice! The trip was great and long... Of course, I could have stayed a month. I love the beach in the winter and after moving from Tampa I didn't miss it as much. However, that "itch for the beach" is back! I am not like most people, I like the beach better in Winter and Spring than summer. It was also so nice to not even pay attention to email, internet, etc... I had my phone and ipad but it was like I forgot about it. Super nice!!! The pictures can tell the weekend story better,.... sooooo here they are:

This picture was probably one of the sweetest sights I had! She was in heaven at the beach
The sun was getting ready to set at night. 

This was my view the very first day while watching CK play and drinking my coffee


She was running all over the place... Silly girl!


The first day at the beach! She was playing and playing... so excited for Harper to arrive


The night that we got to the beach, she was trying so hard to look out and see the ocean

Valentines day.... after a long day of parties for her, fun, and a drive to the beach!

The day after we got to the beach, Steven, Lisa, and Harper came. The girls were just beside themselves excited and they see each other every day. It is just so cute! To watch them play together is so adorable. 

Not sure why Charlee Kate kept wanting to lean in on Harper, but they were so cute!



The first moment of feeling a little tired! They were playing hard and staying up late. They would do really good until it was time for a snack or just a little break.

At night time right before bed. Really getting tired by this point.... I loved how Harper was in a dress up costume at this point. 

After the girls are in bed, Lisa and I had this fabulous dessert that we came up with! It was so good!

BEACH TIME! It was a little chilly but we still stayed out there for awhile

I mean the beach was just absolutely gorgeous!



Heading out to eat an early dinner


Such good friends! So glad these two could spend a long weekend together and we look forward to many more of these types of weekends!

On the way home... she was exhausted after several fun days at the beach. She slept all the way home from Dothan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment