Tuesday, August 21, 2012

We are in!

We are in and all my "stuff" is in ONE place. YAY!!! I just like having everything all together, but for the last year, some was stored, some at our little cottage, and some just hard to see/find b/c it was in such a small space. We are now all under one roof. We have made LOTS of accomplishments over the last few days, but still need a good week to be all in and settled. The RENO will still be going on, but as long as most of the things are put up away, etc... that does make it a little easier and makes it more like HOME. This will be the home that Charlee Kate remembers. Of course, she remembers our old little cottage at this moment b/c we just moved out 3 days ago, but in years to come, I doubt she will remember it. It will be this new house that we just moved in and call our HOME.

Yesterday was Charlee Kate's first day of 3 year old class. Not sure how that is possible, but it is. She just has new teachers but all the little kids are the same ones from last year so that is good. She has some sweet friends in there. She went right in and started playing. It is so hard to let her go and to know that she is no longer in my little nest. I have to just pray and trust God as she gains (and will continue) to gain this independence and guidance from her teachers. As a parent, I care about the academics, BUT.... I care MUCH MORE about her being safe and feeling loved. I just pray that she has teachers that will love on her and make her feel loved (especially when she is missing her mommy!). Okay enough of the firsts, so much happening, but it has truly been blessings in our lives. I am amazed at how wonderful this transition is going. I was over the moon this time last year because I was finally back in Homewood, teaching here, living here, near our family and friends! This year, I am even more giddy at the fact that it is truly HOME, we have a house that is now HOME, we have made new friends, found a new church, etc... that is where Charlee Kate will grow up. I love to see all of this changing and happening.

Now that school has officially started.... bring on the Fall weather, leaves changing, Fall clothes, and of course FOOTBALL!!!!

I have just been a horrible picture taker for 2 months now. I have no idea why b/c that is not in my blood. I have to get it together again! I do have pictures from her first day and a few others, but I just haven't had time to load them. My nights are unpacking, cooking, putting away, playing with her, and just trying to get all settled. I will post some in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment