Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Life as we know it..... is busy!


As if everyone's life is not at this time of the year!!! Each day is a blessing and I am so grateful for all the fabulous things that are happening in our life. School has started again, but I have had so much more extra time in my room this year because of the pushed back "start date" for the kids. I love not being a "newbie" at school, for having so many wonderful friends here, and my school being right down the street from my house. I love it! However, the beginning of the year is always crazy for a teacher just getting back into the routine of things!

The other super busy thing is the house. We closed on it last week FINALLY! A tree (that is hundreds of years old, gorgeous, big, etc.... was too close to the house, so it has to come down!). The sellers had to schedule all of this and it is taking place soon. SO big, that this will be a production that involves a crane! We really hate to see it go, but we had no choice. It had to. That just held everything up, but it all finally went through and that day after closing, renovations started! They haven't stopped at the house since we closed! All the walls, trim, doors, are being painted. Floors sanded and completely re-done. Those 2 things had to be done before we could move in. Then the kitchen, bathroom, outside of the house, will take place while we are living there. It is sooooo exciting though. I have learned so much about hardwoods alone and how older hardwoods are better than ones now. Reason is... the grain of the wood they used "back then" and "back then" the trees were "older" that they cut down so it made for better hardwoods and now a days, people chop them down all the time, so they aren't as old, not as good of hardwoods. Interesting! Jeremy ask the guy if he could use the wood from our tree coming down (for the kitchen floors b/c it was the only room with no hardwoods and we have to add them). LOL... he was kidding, but leave it to Jeremy to come up with a come back that fast. So.... in a week, we will be in the new house for GOOD, but the RENO will still be going on for a little while.

So my nephew and Jeremy moved most of everything over to the house and stored it in the basement last week. That took a lot of time and so glad it is over. Our nephew is a HUGE help to Jeremy! He stayed with us for several days. Since we were at a "lull" we went to the lake house this past weekend and it was gorgeous! No humidity and Sunday morning it was 57 degrees. Loved it!!! We needed that little bit of rest b/c we probably won't rest again until the Dallas trip. Our biggest pieces of furniture, which seems to be most of it b/c it is all big, is getting moved this upcoming weekend. Its so exciting, but all of that is keeping the Wilson's busy! (along with Jeremy working, CK's birthday party coming up, MJ party at my house, etc...) It is so worth it.

Here are the most recent pictures taken of my little angel. She has really developed into a MOMMY's GIRL! I would be lying if I didn't say I LOVE IT (most of the time), but she is my side kick!!!



I love these little smocked swimsuits on her. They are just my favorite! She was waiting on her nails and toenails to dry. She loves for me to paint them!
Nana and CK
She loved laying the grass with her cousin Ryan and looking up at the sky! She thought it was so fun! The little things in life that kids truly appreciate!
Watching TV at the Lake



No comments:

Post a Comment