Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Charlotte Visit

I guess I should give up on more than one post a week until after summer. We stay busy and then I just don't get on my iPad or computer long. My time is elsewhere I guess, usually doing something fun.

Our time in Charlotte has been wonderful. I had to wake up Charlee Kate at 4:30 am the morning that we flew out. As soon as I said we were going to the airport, she popped up and was ready in 2 minutes. She loved flying and was such a trooper. My little girl can "try me sometimes" but she still has a lot of her daddy in her and just a somewhat patient/laid back personality. We had fun flying and she was beside herself when she saw Aunt Kelly and Ella at the airport. She was so excited and those girls almost tore Zaxbys apart having fun! We just had the best trip and the kids were in heaven! Kelly and I took a girls day for just us to head out to South Park Mall and several precious stores. Kelly always knows the places we would like, but we were both looking for several things and we had a sitter. We can accomplish a lot quickly when it's just us and I found some great things!!! The kids could care less if we were around, they just wanted to be together. Lol! Over the weekend all 4 of us went out as well...to a place called Cowfish. How appropriate right? Burgers and fish! Our table was all fish but so many things looked yummy on the menu. It was a favorite. It's just amazing to think back to almost 10 years ago, Kelly and Kevin were living in Charlotte and we lived in Bham. Now fast forward we are both right back where we want to be, it's just that we are in a better place in life considering the roads we traveled and all the adventures life took us on. I love it! God answers our prayers!!! We had a great trip hanging out, playing with the kids, going here and there, and just doing whatever.

On our way home, we stopped in ATL to see some childhood friends and their little girl is Charlee Kate's age. She loves playing with someone else's toys. They are new and fun. Now that we are home, things are busy as ever. Charlee Kate is with mom for a few days, which works out great for me to do a lot of things. However, we decided this afternoon to do a quick beach trip, leaving tomorrow and coming back Saturday. Sometimes spur of the moment trips are the best!

I will post again tonight with my upcoming events....

Here are a few pictures I took....

Airplane ride!!!!
After a long morning.... she was cruising in the stroller

While we cooked dinner one night.... here were our two helpers!

One of the many nights, hanging outside and we had the fire pit going while they played in the sprinklers. Loved it!


One morning at the "jumpy place". Charlee Kate usually loves it but didn't particularly love it this day. I think there were too many big kids. Not sure. 







Out to eat at The Cowfish! Great place... we always love a good fish place. 







No comments:

Post a Comment