Friday, July 20, 2012

Before and After Projects

My August is going to be a whirlwind, but I am really excited about it! School starts later this year and I am excited that I am not the "new" teacher. I just love my school and I love where I am! School starting will be easy though. The fun part starts in a few weeks when we close on our house. Yes, we bought a house back at the first of June and it happened sort of crazy and fast, but it all fell into place, as I would expect it would from prayers and prayers. It is in Homewood, right where we wanted! Since then we just haven't been home, but now the house stuff is going in full force. I feel like I am living a dream. It is on a street that I never thought we could live on, but the street and area I loved!!!! The fun part is renovating it to make my "cottage" how I have always pictured it!!! That is why I have been on a painting binge and now I have 5 more things in the garage to do before we move. Once we close, the renovations start from floors, to painting, to ripping out the kitchen and starting over, to exterior looks, etc... It is going to be so much fun to watch all of this happen and change and for it to be changed to what I have always wanted. I cannot wait!!! I have a few of the drapes and pillows being made, but not every room. Some of it I want to decide once I am in the house. In the middle of being in the house, renovations, school starting.... we have CK's birthday party, a MJC trunk show party at my house (can't miss the new release of clothes, LOL), then the Dallas trip. That will be a much needed vacation from all the craziness but I am sooooo excited and ready for it all. It is what we have wanted!! (minus the actual moving of our stuff). We hope we don't have to do that for a LONG time. It was time we found a place to grow into and live for awhile. 

Soooo.... my days and minutes are online, going in other people's houses, getting ideas, meeting with the contractor, fabric stores, painting, taking this here and there, yard sales, rummage sales.... to find the perfect little something for every part of the house. I have big plans to use those old cabinet doors and doors for certain things so I am salvaging everything they tear out of my new "old" house as well. It was built in 1935. That is what I wanted, a house with character. I am so excited, but pictures to come along the way. Here are a few little projects I did, but many more pictures to come of projects not completed yet. 

Charlee Kate's "dress up suitcase" with all of her dress up clothes

I haven't posted my finished product of this yet. I have a certain place for it inside and will post it sometime.

Jeremy's mom bought her this precious little desk. This one can go in her room... I have another one I am working on for another room

Remember the bedroom suit??? Here it is ... sort of. Her bedding and all the pillows have been made and I pick it up this week so final pictures of that are coming soon.

Part of the dresser... but then I changed it. I love love how her bedroom suit turned out!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment