Sunday, October 25, 2009

Famous Last Words


Several years ago when I started running, I fell in love with it. As time has gone on, I run with friends so it is even more fun. That is time to talk and catch up. However, I always said... I will never do a marathon or race. This is just for fun!! Then about 6 years ago Jeremy and I heard of the Parkinson's Marathon. I said to him then, if I ever get some stupid idea to run a marathon, I want it to be that one so we can run in honor of your dad.

Well... that stupid idea turned into a meaningful idea. My friend Heather just ran a marathon in honor of her father in law who had an illness. She made me realize that if my father in law has been strong and fighting his disease for over 10 years, then why couldn't I put up with several hours of running?? That is nothing compared to what he goes through. I decided to start training as soon as the doc gave me the okay. However, I am starting with the Seaside Half-Marathon. I thought a half was pretty good 6 months after having a baby, but Parkinson's doesn't take place until the fall. I really hope it works out for us to run that marathon because I want the first one I ever do to MEAN something.

So...the shoes are out and I am back into running. Perfect timing, with this gorgeous fall weather, but I am excited to be back out there! These are my new kicks too...i had my feet looked at for the perfect shoes! No more just gray new balance, even though those are my favorite!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment