Thursday, January 17, 2013

Rain went away... snow came!

So the last few days, well.... maybe week, it has rained and rained and rained. I think we got a brief break one day where it did not rain, but it was very cloudy and dreary. However, the rain finally turned into beautiful SUPER hard snow today! I seriously would call it a snow storm it was snowing so hard. Well maybe a snow storm for the south, not the north. Anyways, the ground wasn't cold enough to make it stick for a long time but because it snowed so hard and had such big snowflakes, it stuck a lot more than the weather men predicted. It was those beautiful big snowflakes that covered everything!

Luckily I was at a meeting at the Board and we left early. I ran to get Charlee Kate from school and Jeremy was already ready at home to head outside to make a snowman. Charlee Kate truly had a blast in the snow and loved making the snowman. That was the first thing she told me she wanted to do when I picked her up from school. After her snowman, we hung out inside and she would run to the window to check on it every now and then. Right before dark, the skies cleared and the sun started to come out. It is going to be below freezing tonight so we expect some of the melted snow to turn to ice, which caused the school systems to go ahead and call a late start for schools tomorrow, YAY! The other exciting thing is... the next 7 days seem to be all sunny and cold. That is how I like it for January. So ... the rain brought some fabulous things, SNOW and then LOTS of sunshine and cool weather for lots of days. We have a super long weekend ahead. Oh how I love them!

The last exciting thing that happened the last few days... I discovered laughing gas at the dentist. Why has someone not insisted I take this? Such a minor thing that I have been missing out on. I had to have a cavity filled... yes that is the result of all my sweets that I eat 24/7 and no matter what I do, it was inevitable. So I was dreading it, like always because the dentist is not my favorite. Well.... after that laughing gas and an hour and a half later, I felt like I was there 5 minutes. At one point I realized that Niagara Falls and Nascar were having a war inside my mouth (hint... the water they spray in your mouth and the drill) . Funny how those things don't matter with laughing gas. That is one thing I will use everytime I go from here on out. Lets hope I don't have to go for my cavities anytime soon though.

A few little snow pictures




Every penny I have paid for Hunter Rain boots for Charlee Kate and for me.... was worth it the last 7 days. I got allllll my money's worth during that time and they have been a staple in my wardrobe lately. I absolutely love them though! 

Her big snowman that she was so proud of!



Her pants were supposed to be short... but they look a little weird here. This green is one of my favorites. It was part of the MJ Winter collection.

Wednesday... when I was at the dentist... Jeremy picked Charlee Kate up from school. He had her bathed and fed when I got home, then took her to church choir and picked her up. Those are my daily routines so it was so nice for him to do that for me that day.




You think she was happy with me here? 




No comments:

Post a Comment