Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hang Man Anyone?




Today was the day that I told my students I was pregnant. Believe it or not, I have been trying to "hide my bump" from them until my doctor's appointment next week, but it was starting to get a little obvious. I guess I wasn't hiding it too well!!! This morning when they came in, I decided we would play a game and find out the mystery phrase. They were so excited! Of course, I had to explain to them that I would be here all year. Then the questions started pouring in!!! 
*Is it a boy or girl?
*What will you name it?
*Your baby is learning so much already because you are a teacher!
*Do babies start as eggs?
*How big is it right now?
*We are scaring your baby by getting all excited!
*Can you feel it kick?

HERE IS THE BEST ONE BY FAR!!!!!! The student said "Mrs. Wilson, Do you know you are pregnant?". There was no comment on that!

It was really cute! They all started hugging me then. The top picture is of a few of my students with the saying. They begged me to take their picture with the "hang man" picture!!! I will post a bump picture soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi - I found your blog because I routinely look for "Jamie Wilson" news (there are several of you). Sounds exciting. I don't recall any of my teachers ever being pregnant, but I do recall once going to get my hair cut and saying to the lady cutting my hair "Oh, your expecting, huh?" And she wasn't. Yeah, that was a real Brian Regan moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a precious way to tell them!!! AND something tells me you could have hidden that belly for a lot longer. :-)

    ReplyDelete