Wednesday, January 7, 2015

After the fact...

Well after all the Christmas celebrations and Christmas fun...there are always a few things to get excited about! Jeremy and I always take a trip to atlanta around my birthday. We look forward to just casual shopping and a good dinner out. This year we also planned a family getaway to Mentone. We really wanted to get a way in the mountains and wanted something close by! Gatlinburg is too far and too tourist like. Park city wasn't going to happen (haha) so we picked Mentone. It's only 2 hours away and turned out to be just what we wanted! I am a city girl at heart but this 3 day getaway where there really isn't anything was exactly my speed for a few days too! I couldn't live there but it's a nice getaway! 

My birthday breakfast with my 3 favorite peeps! 
This little guy had an ear infection while we were in ATL! Thank goodness for grandparents! Mom took him in and got this poor guy some meds

He learned to stand up to everything and is trying to climb up the stairs. I haven't pushed any of this because I have a feeling he's going to be faster than I can keep up with
Charlee Kate and her sweet friend Leyton. She invited CK to go for a day to get manis and pedis

Heading out on a rainy day in pj's and rainboots 
Off to the mountains we go! Stopping to eat at Cracker Barrel before we head up the mountain 
This fire was going the whole time. Chloe loves it as much as we do
Our family saved our Christmas gifts to open at the cabin. Charlee Kate got operation so we played games while Beckham slept 

Next morning....rain was gone and it was a nice day! The cold cold air had not arrived yet and it was the perfect morning for a run 
Hot tub on the balcony was a huge success! CK played in that forever 
Later that day we headed off hiking. I wasn't sure if kids would love it or get tired of it but they would have lasted forever. B probably would have napped if we would let him
The falls on the hike 
Family selfie


We had fun climbing all the rocks! 

Time to leave the cabin and head home. We weren't ready for Christmas vacation to end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment