Monday, January 12, 2015

2014 yearly letter

This may not make it out in New Years cards but I had to do a reflection of the year 2014! 

It was definitely a wonderful one! We started the year adjusting to a family of 4! Now looking back, I feel like it's always been the 4 of us. Homewood is officially "home". We love our community, walking to everything, our church, neighbors, and house. We still have lots we would love to renovate and add to the house but that's what makes this process fun! We have made it our own...our home! 

I decided to stay home with Beckham this year instead of going back to teaching! I must admit there are parts of my teaching career I miss but I get to be home with Beckham and walk Charlee Kate to school each day. I get to be the room mom and see what "the other side" is like. It's a blessing and an answered prayer! 

Charlee Kate did start kindergarten this year. She loves it! I thought she would but all moms worry about their first starting K! She really does take to new friends easy. I felt a little guilty because she could be "going to school with mommy" if I was working, but I have let that guilt go! This is definitely still my "mini me". Loves dresses, manis/pedis, anything girly, loves to run, loves to "mommy Beckham" and loves to organize. She has such a sweet spirit!

Beckham turned one in December. He's such a tall boy and he is definitely all boy. He loves to throw a ball, be outside, go for a walk, and adores Charlee Kate. She is so good with him and plays with him so well. I think I say this every year, but I really wish I could "bottle up" their ages and this time right now. It's priceless. I am so thankful I get to be home with him everyday! I can't ever get this time back.

Jeremy and I celebrated 13 years in 2014!! It was a busy year but we stayed on the go. We made a trip to south Florida alone. So lucky we have grandparents to keep the kids when we need a get a way. We made a family trip to the condo and several trips to the lake! Once football season started, our Saturdays were spent tailgating and going to games! That definitely keeps us going. We took Charlee Kate to Hershey's, PA and a few other places up north. That was a fun trip, one she actually remembers. One of the most exciting trips this year was when my sister and I took our girls to NYC for their 5th birthday! We lived it up! It was such a fun trip! (Lots of previous blog posts on that) Charlee kate is already ready to go back and I am always up for a trip to NYC! 

In August, we lost Jeremy's dad to sicknesses he battled for a long time. It's been a tough time without him. We do know he's in a better place but that doesn't always make it easier. The memories and looking back at old videos was definitely a great way to remember him. Jeremy's mom gets to visit us often but please continue to pray for her through this adjustment. He was an amazing man and missed by his family! 

I am excited to see what a new year offers. Most importantly, we pray for health, happiness, and safety!! Lots of memories to be made and days to cherish! It was a great Christmas and a great 2014. Keep up with us on the blog!! 

Much love to all!! 
Jeremy, Jamie, Charlee Kate, Beckham, and Chloe 🐾

No comments:

Post a Comment