Thursday, September 4, 2014

A great man!



Well I am definitely not a woman that has a way with words, especially when I am trying to talk and describe people that are very important in my/our lives but I will do my best!! 

I can BY FAR say I had the best father in law in the world! He was an incredible man and respected by so many! Jeremy's dad passed away on Sunday August 31, 2014. He has been sick for many years and put up a major fight with a lot of strength! I don't know how he did it! I know he had the best care imaginable with Jeremy's mom and his nurse from Kenya, Nancy! Jeremy's mom is definitely a model for strength, positive attitude, Christ like woman...who did exactly what God wanted her to do all those years. It was sacrifice on her part but I know she would have never had it any other way! 

It's hard to describe Jeremy's dad (Jimmy) in words. Those that knew him knew these things:  
- he had a sense of humor 
- he could say the perfect thing right on the spot
- always smiling
- never raised his voice
- loved teaching and videoing 
- loved those boys and Barbara 
- was a simple man
- taught the essentials about life (remember the little people, use common sense, and just when you think you have it bad...someone else has it worse)
- was able to spend a lot of time with Jeremy bc he was home alone when the other boys were grown up
- would never miss one of Jeremy's games! Loved watching him play ball
- an amazing Christian man
- sneaky...not in a bad way but a quiet way

I could go on and on but he was truly an amazing Godly man. I am sure it's not easy raising boys but I think Barbara and Jimmy have it down to an art because they raised the best husband I could ask for! No doubt I am a lucky wife. Jeremy has passed on so many of his dad's traits to me! I found myself using them when I was teaching and I use them now as I raise my kids. So his teachings are still going! 

God's timing and hand was right there with Jimmy, Barbara, the boys, Nancy, and other family members in those last few days. It was a blessing that they all got to be together, say goodbyes, pray, watch old videos...not everyone gets those last few moments and it was a "God thing". A blessing! 

For those of you that didn't know Jeremy's dad and just know Jeremy...Jeremy is exactly like his daddy! What a blessing that God has given me, Charlee Kate, and Beckham! 

No comments:

Post a Comment