Sunday, June 23, 2013

Some June happenings!

This past week and weekend was a fun one! Well let's say the first part of the week was productive, not necessarily fun. Charlee Kate was at my moms with Ella and hunter, I did some serious cleaning and then my painting projects started again. I keep saying "I swear I am done painting, but I really think so this time!". I painted several things for the nursery, which I was glad to accomplish, and then some extra painting on furniture. I did have a doctors appointment. It all went well and that is something I always look forward to! 

After picking CK up from my moms we headed to the North Georgia mountains with some old high school friends. We both have girls about the same age and it was previous watching them play. I was in heaven! Cottage in the woods, temps in the low 60's at night and high 70's during the day! No humidity. Made this momma happy! We enjoyed literally hanging out, cooking, catching up, hiking up some waterfalls in the mountains, going to highlands, NC, going out on the boat on the lake, and we even saw Sabens too houses. It was a great R&R long weekend. This week ahead looks to be a lot of fun itself! (Not much painting left either!)

Heading to Highlands, NC...we took a stop for the scenic look. CHarlee Kate and Melena. 
2 best friends since birth! Adam and Jeremy 


Hiking on the mountain to see the waterfall

These 2 girls were the leaders on the way down...not so much coming up!
Eating and shopping!


The boat ride! It was sort of cool and definitely nice out on the water


Swimming in the lake. The daddys and girls swam...Carol and I sat on the boat

The day we had to leave. They were not ready. They had so much fun together!
On the way back to Atlanta (where our friends live), we made a final stop at cabbage patch baby land. Now this was exciting to me because I loved these dolls as a child! It was so cute. They watched the dolls being born, then CHarlee Kate picked out her first cabbage patch doll!

Taking her oath for adopting her doll. She named her Kellage Kelly. We don't know where that came from.


Showing off her new doll in the tinker bell dress she picked out


What am awesome weekend! We are so blessed to have lifelong friends!










1 comment:

  1. Congrats on baby #2! Prayers for a healthy pregnancy:)

    ReplyDelete