Thursday, December 20, 2012

Our Christmas Letter

For some reason... this year I ran out of Christmas cards and letters. Here is our Christmas letter for the year. I will post a picture of the card soon. So excited for our weekend before Christmas!

Christmas Letter 2012
Merry Christmas Everyone! It seems like I just sent this letter out. It’s been a great year and another busy one, but all things are good and such a blessing! A lot of you keep up with us on our blog and that is probably the best way to see what is happening in the Wilson House! Here is the blog address if you need it… Blog address: http://watchasthewilsonfamilygrows.blogspot.com/


Our year was full of many great things! I feel like we are actually settled here in Birmingham and this has truly become home. We have found a great church that we absolutely love, we both love our jobs and what we do, we bought a house, have met new friends through Charlee Kate’s school, church, and neighborhood, and have found all the doctors and necessities that you need to live day to day. Whew… doesn’t just happen over night but everything has fallen into place.

Charlee Kate is so full of life, energy, and definitely independence. Boy… when she hit 3 years old, that independence kicked in big time. At some moments it is so cute and other moments are a little more challenging! She absolutely loves school, always wants to go, and loves her friends Harper, Sofia, Max, and Ian. She talks about them all the time. She also absolutely loves her Wednesday night children’s choir and Sunday school. Her teacher “Miss Betty” just makes her day. She has always loved singing, but now she really gets to sing. I can never get her to sing “on cue” but if you listen to her in the bath tub, in the car, going to sleep, or playing by herself… she sings everything imaginable and songs I didn’t even know that she knew. I love it! She has a huge imagination and can play for hours by herself if she wants or with someone. She loves to talk to herself, create things that are happening, and “parent” her babies. I can actually hear how Jeremy and I parent her, because she does the same things to her babies. That is definitely a good eye opener for both of us. I just don’t know how she is growing up so fast on me.

Jeremy and I are both still with our same jobs. He still sells Life Fitness and Hammer Strength exercise equipment and has AL, MS, and part of FL as his territory. As for me, I am still teaching in Homewood and still in 4th grade. I absolutely love the school and the system. We have made so many friends just being at this school. It is also exciting that my best child hood friend, Jennifer, and I both teach the same grade in the same school system. One of the perks of living here in Homewood is being 2 miles from my school and about ½ mile from Charlee Kate’s school. We don’t have to go too far!

Jeremy and I celebrated our 11th anniversary in April. We took a random trip to Baltimore and Washington D.C. It was mainly time for us to just get away and see something new. We did get to spend time with my friend Stephanie in D.C. and that was a lot of fun. It was actually a really fun place to visit. We also took a trip to Dallas in September for the Bama game at the Cowboys stadium. We went with some close friends and had a blast! We did enjoy lots of time at the lake house as much as possible and tried to make 2 beach trips, but it seems to rain and storm both times. I enjoy the beach at winter time too though! Since Bama is going to yet… another National Championship… South Beach is in the very near future!!!

Just when I think a year can’t get any better, it does! The best part of it all, is how truly blessed we are to have our family, friends, health, and be back home! I just absolutely love this time of the year and I want to take in every minute and second of it!!! We truly hope that you and your family have also had a blessed year and have a very Merry Christmas.



With all our love, Jeremy, Jamie, and Charlee Kate (and Chloe)

No comments:

Post a Comment