Thursday, September 8, 2016

Heavy heart

14 1/2 years ago we received the cutest little fur baby from my parents! Chloe! She was the tiniest, sweetest thing and instantly, we were in love with our fur baby. 

She went everywhere with me! Movies, marriage retreat, shopping, beach, family visits, etc... She always slept in our bed and for the most part, was right next to me. Later on she ended up sleeping in her bed on our bed, but  she loved our bed and would walk to it every night, wanting to get in. Chloe was apart of so many life changes for us. She experienced....
- our 10 moves! And she always waited to see her couch. Once it appeared, she knew we were "home". 
- every beach trip we went on
- every lake trip
- trips to South beach and key west
- a ride in mid July with no AC from Tampa to Bama 
- the journey of trying to get pregnant, and my little baby when I couldn't have one
- a few crazy health things but she would always bounce back. She was a strong little puppy! 🐾

We moved her to a very healthy diet of no dog foods, no meds, no shots, etc... About a year ago. I am pretty sure that's the only reason she continued to live. She had the perfect spot to be everyday at our house. A sun porch with ceiling to floor Windows. She was always able to see people pass by and see when we pulled in. 

Last week Chloe struggled for a few days with some problems. I truly thought she was going to pull through but quickly realized she wouldn't. I held her in my arms in her favorite blanket as she took that last breath. It was so sad and very hard to watch. 

Jeremy buried her in the perfect place,  "sunning" in our backyard, which was her favorite thing to do! I am so thankful she was buried at the place we truly have ever called "home". I miss not seeing her head pop up when I pull in, our house seems so quiet without her demanding barks, our daily routines seem off since she has been apart of them for all these years, and my porch seems empty. I am not ready to go there. I know she is in doggie heaven with Brady but it's hard to see this chapter of our life closed. One day we may get another puppy. Jeremy and I would be fine NOT getting one, but we feel like the kids need to experience that and it would help with the emptiness we feel without a fur baby. 

How I want to remember her πŸ’—πŸΎπŸ’—πŸΎ


Showing Charlee Kate memories of Chloe 
Holding her those last few hours

No comments:

Post a Comment